Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
844 Posts
For those interested in subscribing to individual channels or as add-ons to your existing packages, here are the channels currently offered A la Carte by Shaw Direct:

The following channels are available for $0.99/mo:

BET
BBC World News
MSNBC
NBA TV Canada

The following channels are available for $2.49/mo (or $2.99/mo for 2)

Action
Animal Planet Canada
AUX
BBC Canada
Biography Channel Canada
Bite
Bold
Book Television
Cosmopolitan TV Canada
Dejaview
Discovery Science Canada
DIY Network Canada
Documentary
Dusk
ESPN Classic Canada
Fashion Television
Fox Sports World Canada
G4 Canada
GolTV Canada
i Channel
IFC Canada
Movietime
MTV2 Canada
Mystery TV
National Geographic Channel Canada
NHL Network Canada
Nickelodeon Canada
ONE
OutTV
Showcase Diva
Sundance Channel Canada
Teletoon Retro
The Cave
The Fight Network
The Pet Network
Travel + Escape
Twist TV
W Movies
WFN
Wild TV

AddikTV
Argent
CASA
Cinepop
Prise 2
RDI
RIS
Yoopa

Bloomberg Television
EWTN
Military Channel
NFL Network

Rai Italia

OTHER

Leafs TV- $4.99/mo

RDS & RIS- $3.99/mo

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I thought that National Geographic was in the essientials. So, why is it A la Carte (unless its for French subscribers).

Also, WGN would be considered a $0.99 A la Carte option, but you have to call in to get it and you need to be subscribed to Family.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was a little confused by the original post, too....

I think if you log on to the Shaw Website, go to the self-serve, and look at the change programming tool, you will see which channels can be added a la carte and which come as part of a package. After putting a check mark in the box opposite your current package, you can play around with putting check marks in other boxes and see what is available for you to add. Anything not available to you will be greyed out. If you want to see the French options, simply load the French version of the website.

You can experiment with putting check marks all you want without actually making any changes to your package.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was a little confused by the original post, too....
What is confusing you, these are the channels that Shaw Direct offers as pick n' pay. The information comes straight from their website and programming brochure. If there are others channels you can subscribe to on a standalone basis then please post and let us know.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
updated list,

new channels recent added by SD including AUX, Bite & The Pet Network have been added to their list of available pick n' pay stations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts