Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nope direct line to the reciever. I think I did something stupid though. Out Of frustration I did a factory reset and now it says acquiring signal. I have tried a refresh and nothing. Oops! Did I toast it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nope direct line to the reciever. I think I did something stupid though. Out Of frustration I did a factory reset and now it says acquiring signal. I have tried a refresh and nothing. Oops! Did I toast it? I did a bunch of rehits before and nothing.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
This is a firmware bug and a very bad one. Just last night my 630 rebooted spontaneously and when it came back no channels were watchable. It said every channel was blocked due to parental controls (even though they are not) and would not display anything until the security code was entered. It's not the first time this happened and not the only receiver. (Before anyone says its a signal issue, Ecb/No was over 10 on both tuners.)

Here is the clincher, it wouldn't let me enter the security code either. Every time I entered the first digit, it would erase it and go back to the first digit entry again. After entering some invalid digits and making it fail, it would then let me enter the correct first digit and the complete code.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok here is what I was told to do to fix the issue by CS
Unplugg the receiver and unscrew the sat cable.
Plug the receiver back in and leave it for 3 minutes
screw the sat cable back in and then send a refresh signal either by phoning CS or using the website.

Worked for me thought I would share.

·
Registered
134 Posts
pixelization / blocky picture during recording playback

I've only owned the dsr 630 for a few weeks, and I got a dish tune, new lnb but I still have noticed pixelization at times when watching back recordings... Very annoying and frustrating... Never have had this issue watching anything live, unless a rain/snow storm, but it happens quite a bit on recordings (most notibably on SD channels)... I even plugged the unit directly into the wall instead of a powerbar as per shaw direct technician's advice, as he said these units are very sensitive to power?? what kind of equipment did I buy?... i don't understand why these units glitch like this in recording, and yes I have the most up to date software... any ideas what is happening here?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
131 Posts
Woke up this morning and all my channels say "Not Subscribed", re-booted 4 times, went online and refreshed the receiver 3 times and still nothing, called support and I have an hour wait.........nice. This happens once in a while but the refresh usually fixes it. Hope I get a call back before the Jays game starts.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I've seen that a number of times as well. It usually happens after a signal loss, such as after a heavy thunderstorm or wet snow on the dish. A reboot usually fixes it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
EVPHD 630 how to reformat harddrive?

I let the harddrive fill up on my EVPHD 630 PVE from Shaw.

After manually deleting shows to make room for new recordings (which I should not need to do by the way dont't get me started, a 5 yr old could make better software "Long live TIVO"), the newly recorded shows are not viewable. Some would have a duration of >500 hrs (basically garbage).

I then performed a factory reset and cleared all shows.

Then I could record and view 1 show that I was currently watching, scheduled shows still were not viewable, some of the newly scheduled recorded shows had the correct show duration indicated in the pvr menu, others did not, none the schedule recorded shows were viewable. And sometimes the PVR would always indicate it was recording on both tuners when it was not.

Diagnostics indicate the harddrive has passed the test.

So I would like to clear everything, reformat the hard drive and start over.

Do I need to reformat the harddrive? WIll it fix this mess?

What are my options?

thanks in advance for any suggestions, my warrenty period is up by the way.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I would do a factory reset without reformatting the drive first. It might fix the problem. It's most likely the programming database (index) that's corrupted, not the drive itself. The instructions on how to fix that are documented in a post but I've lost track of where (a search might find it.) Unless there is some programming that "must" be retrieved, I would plan on reformatting the drive eventually.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sluffsmith, unless you are setting every series recording to keep forever, then the receiver should be deleting the oldest unprotected recording once it gets full

·
Registered
121 Posts
No signal,defaulted to 299,ch. 105 reset to default,no standby time display.

This morning,after a Thunderstorm and a brief power outage,the following happened:

1)HDPVR-630 displayed the red 'no signal' light.

Fix: Front panel reset.

2)Defaulted to channel 299

3)Channel 105 was reset to default -all settings gone.

Fix: reset local city.

4)Time not showing in Standby mode,yet 'Show Time in Standby Mode' was et to on.

Fix: Set to 'off',shut receiver off,turn back on,set to on,again.Turn receiver off, FIXED.

Ok.All,except #1 are minor,but still annoying and while I can handle it,my wifer can't and given Shaw Direct's phone wait problem at present,she'd be without help for hours -seeing as she's no computer literate,and can't email support like I do!

The only other problem I notice is that one morning the rcvr was on channel 105 and neither I,or my wife left it there the night before.Today,after trying change the channel when I first switched it on,somehow it went to ch. 105.

ch. 105's instructions say 'ch +",or 'last channel' to change the channel,but only 'last channel',or 'direct channel' entry gets me out.

Other than that,so far,so good,but I won't be buying any more 600 series receivers.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Live On Disc

I have had LOD off for most of the life of my 630. I decided to turn that feature on again last week.
Sunday afternoon it was recording the Indy 500. I decided to watch the beginning of the race while the 630 continued to record. Immediately the unit shut down and went into reset, losing part of the recording time, something infrequent with the LOD off. Needless to say, I can't trust the unit stability until Live on Disc is turned back off.

·
Registered
438 Posts
LOD should work with no issues. I would call SD and either find a fix or get your unit replaced. I have mine on all the time, and I use my 630 in Mesa Az set up for 6 months then back to Calgary for the summer with no issues with LOD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
anyone else having hdmi issues? after a while i lose picture but still have audio. the only way to fix it is to unplug the power to the box and plug it back in. i have just bought this new from futureshop, and it upgraded it self to the lastest software version. should i do a hard reset?
I'm still having freezing issues. Going to try to use component video for now. How do you go about getting a replacement? Call shaw or take it back to future shop?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Is there anywhere that the features and fixes in 7.33 versus 6.22 are summarized? I just got upgraded last night and want to check them out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
PVR 630 playback skips

I have a new PVR 630 running the 7.33 firmware. Ran fine for a month. Now when I play a recording it skips forward by about 2 min after playing for a few seconds. I did a soft reboot & the skipping went away for a while but now its back. Any suggestions? Thanks

1041 - 1060 of 1262 Posts