Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 240 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tried out the 630 last night and I set the dog whisper to record all episodes on HD only. It recoreded the 6pm episode on the SD channel. I changed it to record on the specific HD channel number so I will see how that works tonight.

I also ran into the hit skip ahead and it skipped back problem. Another small problem was a couple of times I stopped watching something I recorded and the whole screen shrank into the top left quarter of the screen. As soon as I press a key the screen went back to normal size.

Other than these small problems everything has been working great.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
There are just too many problems with the 630 for one thread.... reading 222 posts is not something that I'm going to do.

Problem #378
- 630 displays blackscreen during playback of a recording (Survivor -Ep02, CBSEHD). No sound, no picture, just display bar at bottom. You're wondering - what happened to my recording.

Workaround for #378
- got recording to playback by
i) selecting recording,
ii)select 'show program info',
iii)pressing 'play' button from there seems to get program working... continue on as normal.

Problem #380
- 2nd hour of the premiere of NCIS:LA seems to have gone funny after 22minutes in.... pixelated image, can't get it to go past.... just black screen.

Workaround:
- dload episode from bittorrent
- record on the 530

Problem #287 is actually a repeat of problem #134, as they are both very similiar....

·
Registered
551 Posts
I set up a Manual recording timer with Weekly Frequency. After some time, I deleted the timer, however, it still shows up in the Upcoming REC screen.

In addition, the timer was set to fire starting Sep 20, 9pm. However, yesterday, at 9:30pm, I realized that the timer is already active as the 630 indicated that dual recordings are in progress....of course, there was nothing being recorded on the 2nd line. However, it locked the channel changes until the other scheduled recording (not the manual recording timer) ended.

Any ideas on how to clear/delete this manual timer for good.
I couldn't find if this issue had been resolved. I'm wondering, as I have something similar. I have a manual recording timer that's set up under Upcoming REC. The thing is, I didn't do it. It's just there. If I delete it, it disappears from its spot, which is kind of in the middle of the upcoming list. It then moves to the first spot on the upcoming list and it won't allow me to delete if from there. If I delete it from its original spot, then exit the screen and go back in, it's just back in its original spot. I have no idea what it is or how it got there. But I wouldn't mind getting rid of it permanently.

The only place it shows up is on the Upcoming REC list. It has no information for time or anything. It just says it's a manual recording with a number afterwards. Has anyone else seen something like this?

The Hans

·
Registered
127 Posts
so far so good, pretty much - no problems with missed recordings, though I thought it had missed a few until I realized my list was long enough that I had to scroll...

one minor problem: had one experience with pressing the skip button and having the show start from the beginning - sad thing is I almost didn't notice :eek:

·
Registered
721 Posts
TheHans I have noticed that I now have the manual recording you speak of in my list also.Any luck getting rid of it? I have a little over 2 pages of upcoming recordings and it's in the middle of them. Other than that this 630 is working out pretty darn good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm not sure what manual recording you guys are talking about for sure, but if it's the one that shows something to the effect of 'manual recording 0' SD 630 Support did address it earlier stating they are aware of it and attempting to fix the problem. He also said (other than being annoying) it doesn't hurt anything.
FWIW, I've had it there too.

Also, outside of an extremely annoying speaker pop I'm now getting when changing channels or FF/RR the 630 itself is working great (knock on wood). So far the only option to get rid of the pop is to change to PCM and lose my 5.1 or buy a new AV receiver (I guess?) - which I would think I wouldn't have to do as my current Harmon Kardon worked fine with my 530.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Unit rebooted once by itself between 8 and 9 pm on yesterday, as i was navigating thru the guide if i recall correctly.

One recording was active at the time on a HD channel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I encountered an interesting glitch last night while watching Discovery HD, that I haven't seen mentioned yet. At some point while watching the show (no recordings involved), I noticed that the sound & picture had gotten out of sync by close to 2 seconds. Makes it really interesting when you're watching somebody talk and their lips are a couple of seconds behind their speech.

Anyway, the workaround that worked was to hit the Pause button, then immediately the Play button. Presto, back in sync again. If nothing else, that proved that it wasn't an issue from the source, but something in the 630 itself.

I'd imagine changing channels and back may also work. I'll try that next time.

Brad.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It seems everyone is experiencing different performance with their 630s. I have had mine for about 3 weeks now and have recorded a ton of shows(6 hours a day average) any way possible(series, one time, instant, HD, SD, dual recording) with no issues. Watching a recording while it is still recording, or pausing a 'live' program and returning to it both have had no issues. I even shut off the 630 while it is recording and it continues to record fine.

The only issues I have experienced with my 630 is pressing the skip forward button sometimes takes you backwards or all the way to the beginning of the recording.

Would love to have a way to quickly surf thru the channels on a favorite list other than bringing up the guide with your favorite channels in it and selecting a channel on it. You might as well just punch in the channel number if you have to do that.

Seems like there is either a bad batch of 630s or the individuals different setup/configuration/equipment might have something to do with it since we are all running the same version of the firmware.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had my 630 set up to record numerous shows this week and about 7 of them that showed up as recorded in the pvr menu wouldn't play. very frustrating!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I have never used LOD before so turning it off might make things simpler. I would rather have a program recording and start watching it before it finishes anyway.

My big issue with the unit continues to be being asked for the password when changing channels. Last night I punched in 318, Speed to watch Barrett-Jackson and I almost locked out the receiver, trying to put in the password in the dark. I don't have any locks enabled. I kinda know when it is going to happen, when I see the info banner with "no data".

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just throwing it out that once I turned of LOD, I have had no issues with my records.
Doesn't turning off LOD disable the pause and skip back functions with live tv? I know this was recommended with the 530 in the early days, but that's one of the main reasons I have a PVR, to be able to pause a show when I'm interrupted. To me, that's crippling one on the primary functions.

FWIW, I never did it with my 530 and eventually got a good unit that hasn't had any problems for over a year.

·
Registered
478 Posts
See, I don't know if it's a correlation/causation thing at all. All I can report is that by disabling LOD, I haven't had a bad record and it may well be a coincidence. It seemed to be an issue during dual records, and I do a lot of those. I'm generally a day behind Prime Time. The only things I watch in real time are sporting events.

I also added a USB laptop fan.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Interesting Observation

TSNHD Channel 310 Nascar Nationwide Race 4pm to 5pm

630 No background recording (viewing live), LOD Off and On (experimenting...same result either way), intermittent pixelation as though bad weather is imminent or at source. Tuner 1 Signal strength 95.

505 viewable from office, same channel, at the same time (down the hallway) no signal breakup what-so-ever. Signal strength also 95.

Why?

221 - 240 of 1262 Posts