Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

201 - 220 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Now I'm pissed!

After saying the 630 is working fine for me this morning I get home from work tonight and the 630 lost the hockey game that was recording... It would not let me play it back and when I did a reboot it had disappeared from the PVR list. I missed a good game between Ottawa and Toronto. I hope this doesn't happen again or I might just make the switch to Rogers. I'm really pissed off now.

EDIT: Just looked at my PVR list again and the game is there... pressed play and it only plays for 8 seconds and then goes back to the PVR list.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had an issue the last two nights with one of my recording lights remaining on. Last night I had set two shows to record at 8:00 pm and began watching a ballgame at 7:00 pm. Of course, at 8:00 pm it gave me a warning, at which time I decided I didn't want to record both shows since I wanted to keep watching the ball game. I stopped one show from recording and kept the other recording so I could watch the ballgame. However, every time I tried to change the channel to the ballgame (don't ask me how I got switched to a different channel - I did, and it wasn't one that was being recorded) I kept getting the message about two recording going on and I would have to cancel one. Kept going to the list and seeing only one show recording. Finally I gave up and cancelled the "other" recording and was able to change channels.

Tonight I set one show to record for 8:00 again and began watching another ballgame. At 8:00 the show began to record and again I had issues trying to change channels - kept telling me I had two separate recordings happening. I cancelled the one show I knew was recording and was able to channel surf again. This time I decided to look at the unit itself and I noticed that the red light for recording was on for tuner 1, even though nothing was being recorded. I eventually had to do a soft reset to get rid of the light. Everything seems copacetic now, but we'll see what happens next time I try to do dual recordings.

Readers' Digest Version: Setting two recordings and than cancelling one and than the other before recordings completed seems to have locked up one tuner in recording mode. Soft reset required to fix problem.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Went to watch tv today and noticed two channels missing (500 and 505)They were not in the guide either as subscribed or unsubscribed.
I had the exact same problem today with 500 and 505. In addition, after moving through the guide trying to figure out what was going on the whole box became very slow at responding to any commands. Soft reset cleared it up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm going to guess that the "HDMI Audio" setting is on "Auto".

If you're connected through an Amplifier via HDMI and having this issue, try "Pass Through" and see if it makes a difference.

If you're connected to a TV via HDMI, change it to "PCM".

If you have Optical ("Digital Audio" in the menu) for sound and HDMI for picture, you might have to turn off HDMI audio on your TV to ensure it's not giving you sound through both the Amplifier and the TV.

If this doesn't fix it, let me know and we'll gather some more information from you!
Yes, "HDMI Audio" is set to "Auto".

Yes, I am connected through a Harmon Kardon Receiver via HDMI for video & Optical for sound for my projector & Surround Sound. The HK does not accept HDMI for audio. I set it to "Pass Through" as you suggested and the speaker 'pop' goes away.....but, so does my 5.1 Surround Sound - not really an acceptable option.

I first lost the 'TV Out' with this receiver which was feeding another room & now I'll be losing the Surround Sound? I really hope there is a solution available outside of forking over more money for a new A/V receiver (would have just kept the 530).

·
Registered
478 Posts
Problem: Record missed

Situation: Dual record on NBCHD East from 18:00-20:00 and CBSHD East from 18:00-21:00

Error: 2nd Record on CBSE HD (NCIS Los Angeles) did not record, in spite of it being on the upcoming record list and being new in the guide.

Probable Resolution
: The two back to back shows on CBSE HD and the two hour show on NBC E HD confused the box. The third show on CBS recorded without a hitch. In the future, I will be recording NCIS LA on the West Coast Feed.

Did anyone else have this problem? Is anyone else willing to admit they watch Biggest Loser and NCIS? Oh, the drama!

·
Registered
190 Posts
We installed a 630 yesterday, i am not sure of the details but the tech ended up having the TSR say to him it will need a new download, the customer has just called me saying there is a delay when changing channels before the picture comes on he gets acquiring signal first before the picture will come in. I had to get him to call SD to see what is happening

·
Registered
171 Posts
630 on a rv

Is there any way to get a 630 to function - limited - with only one coax feed from the dish for now untill I run another wire from the lnb?

·
Registered
126 Posts
frame skips

First off... thanks to everyone who has posted and shared information in this forum. Very helpful!

I've had my 630 activated since Saturday morning and so far I have not encountered any problems that weren't of my own making.

I did, however, notice that last night while watching the Global HD feed of a certain Gleeky show at 8 pm, there were little video frame skips every minute or two throughout the show. These frame 'jumps' didn't appear in any other program I watched... or the ones I recorded over the weekend.

I noticed that an earlier poster had commented that he experienced the same problem on western feeds. I think we only have the one Global HD feed here in Ontario, so I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

·
Registered
468 Posts
yes! Glee was jumpy- I recorded it from the US feed, and every so often it would miss a frame.

Could be the provider, or is it a 630 issue?

·
Registered
468 Posts
WTH! %^$

What happened- ? I just turned on my unit to check recordings, and noticed that NONE of the shows I had set to record tonight had the symbol on the guide. So I checked 'menu' pvr, upcoming recordings--nothing. Gone, evaporated, disappeared between turning off last night and turning on tonight!

I know my cat is smart, but not that smart!

So I have now reset my recording schedule. We shall see.

Any answers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
630 working ok

Have had our 630 just over a week - seems to be working fine so far and is recording the new shows that have started this week.

Only thing I have noticed is when fast forwarding and watching a pre-recorded show (also recording 2 more at same time) the time shown on the bottom of the screen for minutes you have watched the show on the bar graph sometimes bears no relation to the actual point you are in the show. i.e. when I finished watching the 60 minute show, the bar graph showed I had only watched about 40 minutes of the 60 minute show when I had seen the complete show?? Curious if anyone else had similar observations.

Last 2 pre recorded shows I watched the bar graph and minutes was ok.\??

·
Registered
93 Posts
okanagan1:

I have been noticing the same thing with that progress bar. I am still trying to determine if it only occurs when I use high speed advance.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Another “pixilation” issue

I don’t want to bore with another “pixilation” issue but not having recorded more than a few shows during the 1 ½ weeks using the 630, no recording two programs at once while watching another, observing the “air circulation” issue etc. etc. I was surprised with the poor result of my most recent recording.

CBSE 322 Thursday 12:37 to 1:37am Late, Late Show.
Frequent pixilation blotches and dropped frames.
FF at commercial break, 2/3rd into show took me back to beginning
First forward skip sometimes goes in reverse

Earlier in the evening on Thursday I tried tuning to the Weather Network (no background recording), the info banner said "No Data" and it asked me for the parental lock password (I don't have any locks set up)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also missing shows

Knowing that I was working an epic OT shift ahead of time (0330-midnight), I set up my pvr for many Wednesday night recordings, all HD. And at many time 2 at same time. My abc shows from 1700-2000 only recoded the 1st half hour, my 2 hours of Cbs shows and Sportsnet Ultimate fighter show did not record AT ALL. Very upset as I came home wanting to watch something prior to collapsing into bed. Was able to catch ultimate fighter last 30minutes live, but really disappointed. Sure the 530 couldn't record 2 at once, but at least it would record 1 show.

I have browsed through this thread and seems that is common? Or did I read too quickly? Any theme to this ie seems to reset when 2 are recorded same time?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Sounds like you were playing around with the User Settings. Press Options-4-1 and make sure "Descriptive Video" is turned OFF. Save the settings and you should get your sound back. If not then turn off the 630 and turn it back on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My interim results of doing a soft reset after creating recordings from Sunday through today! I have been running multiple simultaneous recordings from 5-11.

Success ... I have not missed a recording or a lock up. I have had recordings with the pixilation but I believe that that's another problem. I am never more positive about my hypothesis that the act of running the plan/schedule cause the unit to become unstable.

201 - 220 of 1262 Posts