Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hi what is Digital Indulgence (Lite) and how can we tell whether we might want it instead of the pkgs shown on the Shaw site?

Also, the PDF from the Shaw sit has "a la carte" but the pkgs on the web pages don't. And the PDF says, "Get Movies East and add Super Channel
for an additional $16.23 per month" does that mean $15.23 for Movies East and $16.23 for SC or $16.23 for both? Thats not on the web pages either. :-(

Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Could someone who has Digital Indulgence Lite give us a brief rundown of what is included and the cost?

I have Ontario Value Package plus all the HD (minus sports) and Super Channel and TMN packages and I'm wondering how the DIL compares in terms of channels/prices to the OVP

And to answer BayGuy -- it's 15.23 for Movies East plus 16.23 for Super Channel.

Try as I might, and arguing that both packages contain many of the same channels never got me anywhere - there is no combined pricing, just a buck or two off each if you get both - whoopee!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Best Programming Deal

What is the best value for the dollar when it comes to current programming paks from SD? Really tired of the repetitiveness in regards to Std Def and HD.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
ElenaH thank you. I wonder why they do that. If you can buy each one for $15.23 how come if you want both you have to pay a dollar more for the second one than if you bought it by itself???!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Could someone who has Digital Indulgence Lite give us a brief rundown of what is included and the cost?

I have Ontario Value Package plus all the HD (minus sports) and Super Channel and TMN packages and I'm wondering how the DIL compares in terms of channels/prices to the OVP

And to answer BayGuy -- it's 15.23 for Movies East plus 16.23 for Super Channel.

Try as I might, and arguing that both packages contain many of the same channels never got me anywhere - there is no combined pricing, just a buck or two off each if you get both - whoopee!
http://calligariselectronics.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/digital-indulgence-lite.pdf

You can add on top whatever you want like HD extras and Movies.Of course the free HD are included.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You may be right...I subscribe also to Movie Network and HD extra. I think this adds the US network. I have the East ones in SD and both East and West feeds in HD . Also CW in HD and SD.
I watch mostly HD channels, so I did not even check since I switched.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not sure why his PDF didn't include the US networks. You do get one of east or west of the US networks in Standard Def as part of the package, you get to pick.

You also get one of east/west HD US networks as part of the free HD channels. If you subscribe to either HD Extra, HD Extra Lite, HD Sports, or HD Combo, you get the other east/west HD US feeds for free.

Note - his pdf is DI Lite East. If you live in the West the local offerings are somewhat different.

To me DI Lite, with HD Combo is one of the best packages/pricing out there.

Also what I love about Shaw Direct HD is you don't need the standard def equivalent to get all the HD channels in HD Combo. For example Golf Channel is not part of DI Lite, but because it's part of HD Sports and Combo you get it in HD

·
Registered
326 Posts
Digital Indulgence Lite costs $42.35 plus tax. It includes almost the same channels as Digital Indulgence. The channels that are missing are the western nets (American channels - with DI lite you only get one set of US nets), Golf, Speed, Spike, Bravo, OWN, CNBC, TCM). I might be missing a couple - Sorry If I am. I can check later.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Digital Indulgence Lite costs $42.35 plus tax. It includes almost the same channels as Digital Indulgence. The channels that are missing are the western nets (American channels - with DI lite you only get one set of US nets), Golf, Speed, Spike, Bravo, OWN, CNBC, TCM). I might be missing a couple - Sorry If I am. I can check later.
With HD Extra or Lite) you get both East and West feeds of american networks (in HD) , so if you are not a sports fan DILite + HD Extra its a better deal.Or, if I remember you can add just the west feeds in HD for $1, without HD Extra.

·
Registered
39 Posts
switched to digital indulgence lite last night with out any problem, I wish SD would come clean and show these "other packages" on their web site.
The only thing I will miss is HBO.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Are you sure they won't add HBO to the DI package? Why wouldn't they for another $15 or $20 a month?

DI is a "back pocket" deal that they don't want everyone switching to. It is there to keep customers that might otherwise be leaving.

·
Registered
409 Posts
So that means as long as you are willing to pay the high price or just don't know you can get something for less money that they aren't going to come out and tell you about it. If they were to offer better services wouldn't word of mouth advertiseing bring them more customers in the long run?:confused:

·
Registered
783 Posts
One supplier undercutting the next who then comes back with even lower prices to compete with the first guy is a practice called "The race to the bottom". While it might sound good to us, no one makes any money so definitely no money for new satellites so no more new HD. Then one ultmately goes out of business and the remaining guy doubles or triples his pricing over the next two years and it all starts again.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Are you sure they won't add HBO to the DI package? Why wouldn't they for another $15 or $20 a month?

DI is a "back pocket" deal that they don't want everyone switching to. It is there to keep customers that might otherwise be leaving.
I have DI Lite and on top HD Extra and Movie Network. No problem.

·
Registered
131 Posts
$20 A Month And Only 3 HD Movie Channels?

I sure hope we get all of our movie channels with the movie package in HD for free when the new satellite launches, my friend in the states has 45 HD movie channels in his package on Direct and with the Movie Channels East Package I get three but CDN HBO is not as good as the US version.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone know if SD is still offering the US Superstations as an add-on separate from the Movie Channels? There is no mention of this on their website, but I remember reading about it here a long time ago. If so, how does one go about adding it?

21 - 40 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.