Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just heard back from Starchoice, the new ABC Spark channel will air on channel 537 (starting Monday, March 26th) and will be part of the Essentials package.

·
Registered
301 Posts
channel 275 now space disapeared from Favourites list.

be aware that if you had a list created in favorites that had HD Net that it was removed when they changed to space. I didn't realize that channel names that change will remove the numbers from a favorites list even if the channel number remains the same. found a few others that I was missing too

Glad that the guide is now working.

·
Registered
384 Posts
2 Supernatural a night on Spark with better sound can't say am missing Dusk much! The big let down was Space HD after hearing about it for months it disappointing to see how little HD content is on Space HD.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2 Supernatural a night on Spark with better sound can't say am missing Dusk much! The big let down was Space HD after hearing about it for months it disappointing to see how little HD content is on Space HD.
that's because it has the same content as the regular space channel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well thats just the kicker aint it, instead of leaving HDNet until it became AXS and then finding an appropriate replacement channel we are given a half a-- "HD" Channel right now. On top of that, practically no one that watches HDNet will have any interest in Space HD. So while I am sure the trekies and Sci-fi fans are all excited about these latest developments, people that enjoy Mixed Martial Arts are steamed. In my opinion, when a provider decides to replace a channel they should do it with one that has similar programming.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Doctor Who is one of the highest rated cable shows on Canadian TV (and it airs on Saturdays against HNIC). I think it warrants Space HD. Having said that, there isn't much else I watch on it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
they already have a channel like that....it's called fight network.
But the Fight Network does not carry the live events that HDNET and the future renamed AXSTV carry which are far superior higher quality events that cannot be seen anywhere else.

·
Registered
75 Posts
From what I've read, Shaw may still pick up AXS TV in the future, however that obviously will hinge on negotiations with the owners. Though I wouldn't hold my breathe on it until after the new sat goes operational

·
Registered
629 Posts
This quote makes me laugh:

"HDNet No Longer Available
HDNet is no longer available as a channel for any Canadian television provider. If you are subscribed to the channel in the HD Extra package, it was removed without impacting the other channels in the package."

In other words, we've removed the channel but it won't affect the cost of the package. So SD is allowing you to now pay more for less. LOL

·
Registered
326 Posts
According to the Shaw Direct website, ABC Spark will be carried on Digital Lite and the Essentials packages. I guess this is after the freeview.

121 - 140 of 354 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.