Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I get Nat Geo Wild as part of my HD Combo pack but it's greyed out in the guide. I don't get the SD version in my Digital Indulgence package.
Wow, you just blew my mind. I too have Digital Indulgence and HD Combo Pack. Since the HD version of NGeo Wild is greyed out I assumed I didn't get it. Couple that with the fact that it's actually not part of HD Combo but rather the HD version is "free" with the SD subscription much like Space or Showcase HD. So I never bothered to just tune in NGEO Wild HD. But after reading your post I tried and ya I get it too. I'm pretty sure we shouldn't though. I think it's a mistake on Shaw's part that I will not call them on.

Thanks for this one Gary!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It (or any other MPEG4 encoded channel) is unavailable for those with a 6XX series receiver who are using a STACKED LNB. SD has decided (in their ongoing wisdom?), to not create a 'V-code' for this combination of receiver and LNB..

So unless you upgrade the dish/lnb at your own expense....you are S.O.L.
what's the technology called if it ISN'T a "stacked" LNB?

·
Registered
326 Posts
We have Digital indulgence Lite with the Western US nets in HD. We are getting NatGeoWild HD , but it does not come up in our guide because the unsubscribed channels are hidden. As for the SD version, I don't know. This might be a mistake on SD's part, so I will not bring it to their attention. :)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Nearly all non-stacked dual look dishes are called "Quad" in that they have four independent outputs that use voltage switching for polarity, tone switching between satellites. Outside of the quad, the are just called non-stacked.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It was indicated last week that Shaw D will be adding Disney XD this Thursday (Nov 22) Standard Def. I had questioned a CSR if any new channels were on the horizon, this was mentioned. From my conversation looks like this is the last of any new channels until the new satellite is up and running unless something else changes.

·
Registered
326 Posts
According to the Shaw Direct website Disney Junior is on Freeview til January. They have put it in Digital Favourites and Fun Stuff (theme pack). We have Digital Indulgence Lite, How do we know if we will get the channel beyond the Freeview period??

·
Registered
98 Posts
NHL Center Ice transponder space

Here's a crazy thought. If the NHL season gets cancelled in January, Shaw should just temporarily do away with all the NHL PPV channels and add a bunch of new stuff. Right now all that transponder space is being wasted while the players and owners throw poo at each other.

No need to wait for G1 to be put into service if there is no NHL.

341 - 354 of 354 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.