Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The OVP is no longer offered and wouldn't be on the website anyway. There is a newer Digital Indulgence package which is similar but you would have to go through SD to get it. If you peruse through some of the sticky threads for SD on this site you will find references to both packages and how to get them.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It appears you have Digital Lite which only includes City tv from Toronto. You'll need to upgrade to any other package or you're screwed. The next package up is the Essentials package which will give you City tv from 4 different cities. Not sure of the price... maybe $5 or $6 more a month but a tons more local channels from across Canada.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
CBC Charlottetown

Shaw Direct tell me that I should be getting this channel in the Digital Indulgence package. I have confirmed this in the channel listing for this package but neither of my 600 series receivers is getting it. Can someone in Western Canada confirm that they are receiving this channel with Digital Indulgence?

·
Registered
227 Posts
CBC Charlottetown

I have Digital Indulgence West and don't get that channel. The CSR is wrong. I know because I also called about that channel (and a few others) when I first signed up for this package as they were missing. The confusion for me was the sales rep had sent me a channel listing for DI East so I couldn't understand why there were some locals I wasn't getting on my receiver when it was on the list.

We finally figured out I was looking at an East lineup when I was coded as West (and I should be West).

Long story short - CBC Charlottetown is only DI East, definitely not in the DI West lineup. They are different lineups with regards to some of the locals.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Thanks for that information. I did get this confirmed yesterday when I went through a big trobleshooting procedure with them. The trouble was that I got a list of channels from them specifically indicating "Digital Indulgence - West" and the CSRs did have the wrong information. The channel was showing as included in my package. Seems to me that what channels are included in a package should be pretty basic regardless of an East/West division but maybe my expectations are too high.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Remember that the Indulgence package was spawned out of the Value Packages. The OVP was sparse on western channels, only included BC and Calgary. So, for those of you in the west, the reverse must be true...makes sense.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have the channel listing and list of addons available for the digital indulgence package for Alberta? I got an offer in the mail to sign up for it but lost the included page that lists all the channels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I received a bundle offer form Shaw to combine my Tv, internet and phone. All for $85. It includes the Digital indulgence package.

Is there any catch? Other than the fact I cannot get through to a CSR. yesterday I treid for one hour today its 15 minutes and counting.

I did talk to someone who installs for Shaw and they said yes the two companies have completely merged and will be offering all (shaw cable, shaw direct, internet and phone) services now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I received a bundle offer form Shaw to combine my Tv, internet and phone. All for $85. It includes the Digital indulgence package.
That's the same one I got but lost the channel listing. I want to make sure I won't loose any channels before switching.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.