Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 356 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
BBC HD Canada

now that Americans have had a HD version of BBC for about four years, is there any chance those wonderful monarchists will bestow upon their colonists a HD version of BBC Canada?
That would be nice

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Ask Shaw. That channel is owned by Shaw, under their purchase of Canwest Global, who bought Alliance Atlantis, the original owners of the channel.
The British programming is just purchased from them, as well as the BBC name licensed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
BBC HD on Direct TV has the worst picture quality of any channel I have ever seen...Shaw BBC picture quality is sooooooo much better

·
Registered
790 Posts
Don't think that BBC America is in HD, on Directv. It's 480i.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Should be news, this time next year.

I called SD again because I was told earlier that Discovery HD and Space HD were being added around xmas, but this time they said no there was no word on them being added -- but they don't know until the last minute, yadda, yadda.
(of course, replaying the conversation now, the CSR didn't say Christmas this year…)

I think it's a safe bet that NO NEW HD is being added until the new satellite is up and running somewhere around the end of 2012.

·
Registered
244 Posts
A tweet from Shaw Direct today mentioned that Food Network HD will be launched on January 6th and on free preview until April 6th. Interesting that the channel numbers given were 268/338 which is currently where The Frame HD channel resides.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Facebooked too. Did anyone seriously sit and watch The Frame? I doubt it. I thought they would have put Food HD on 368 right after HGTV HD. Anyway, glad to they are finally adding Food HD.

·
Banned
10 Posts
SD should give Maritimes the 4 + 1 U.S. TV Network Affiliates from Boston, MA.

Shaw Direct should replace the NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS stations from Buffalo, New York with the NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS stations frm Boston, Massachusetts on their system for SD satellite customers in Southern Ontario. The NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS Stations from Boston, MA. would also give Shaw Direct customers in Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labourdor)a another option of getting the 4+1 U.S. TV Networks from the Eastern Atlantic seaboard instead of getting the NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS affiliates from Detroit, Michigan and the FOX affiliate from Toledo, Ohio. SD should give its Southern Ontario and Quebec Customers the NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox and PBS Stations from Boston, Massachusetts.

Shaw Dorect shoud ask the CRTC To allow them to carry the Boston Fox Affiliate to Satellite Channel line up for Atlantic Canada.

Shaw Direct should put NBC Boston (WHDH) on (Basic Essentails Satellite Channel 385), ABC Boston (WCVB) on (Basic Essentails Satellite Channel 386), CBS Boston (WBZ) on (Basic Essentials Satellite Channel 387), FOX Boston (WFXT) on (Basic Essentails Satellite Channel 365), PBS Boston (WGBH) on (Digital Basic Essentials Satellite Channel 388).

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I hate to tell you this but Shaw Direct no longer has the 4+1 from Buffalo and New York and the Fox channel comes from Rochester, NY now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree with Bigoranget on this one. I hated the Boston channels on Bell. I love having more big 10 sports as well as move NFC central football. I can see why Atlantic customers would prefer Boston but I think Shaw would lose many customers if this switch was made.

341 - 356 of 356 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.