Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaw have a 30 day promotion on their digital box, anyone see any great difference in picture and audio?
Apart from the movie on demand service is it worth it?
Al.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I assume you currently have analog cable (no digital box needed) and are thinking of upgrading to digital (box needed)?

Digital is suppose to have a sharper picture and audio but I think it's sort of hard to compare unless you had both set up side by side. Other advantages to digital is that you have an on screen program guide where you can go directly to that program and program descriptions.

The digital box gives you access to video on demand if you so choose.

Also, if you currently have analog and upgrade to digital I believe there are extra channels for no charge that you don't get now. Ex: teletoon retro

Plus there's a selection of pick and pay digital channels.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The upgrade to digital certainly makes a difference in picture quality. It's not staggering, and it's no HD, but it's an improvement.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I tried the free offer and cannot really see any great difference in picture?
I recently did a Cable scan on my 2 year old Samsung TV and am pulling in the Audio channels without the box?
Al.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Is it connected with the yellow, red & white RCA cables?

·
Registered
24 Posts
you can recieve all the galaxy music channels with an HDTV because they aren't scrambled. Used to be able to get the golf channel as well, but they soon stopped that! The cable box is really just used as a decoder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts