Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

941 - 943 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disappointed in Lilloeet

When I moved from Mission, BC to Lillooet, of course I wanted to take my Shaw with me. So I called 3 weeks before the move and arranged a July 3rd install. I was offered a comparable package to what I had in the Lower Mainland, the only problem was that my current Shaw box could not be used in Lillooet. Shaw would give me a free box (great!!!) and it would be compatible with the 1TB expander I had bought from Shaw earlier. All is OK sofar but that quickly changes when the install happens.

Turns out I was sold a channel lineup that is not available here. The differences are huge, Only 26 HD vs the 42 HD I was sold. None of the Vancouver stations are HD, no Oasis HD or CNN HD or H&G and some others we always watched. Then it turns out the 1TB expander is not compatible with the system here either, although Shaw claims it is compatible with the 6416-3 cable box they gave me. So now I only have 160GB. To add insult to injury, the Standard Definition quality is, to put it mildly, terrible. SD looks fine directly into my TV, but through the box it looks terrible. Shaw tells me this is normal. They also tell me to accept the channel lineup as is, doubled my bill from the earlier promotion, and refuse to swap out my box to improve SD, that I am now stuck with. I also cannot use any VOD (no incoming fibre, just a couple of ancient satellite dishes here). I am beyond frustrated but plan to see this through. The price I am being charged for what I get is outrageous. I have been misled, lied to and treated as if I have no clue. I have 25 years of professional video experience and I do know what SD should look like, even on a widescreen set. It looks like very heavy MPEG compression with bearding artifacts and lots of ringing in the image to the point where I cannot read text.

I have talked to half a dozen call center employees, non of which understand that the Lillooet system is a Satellite head end system rather than a fibre optic one. I have gone the online feedback route with no satisfaction either, just more runaround. All I want is someone who understands and is prepared to help with a solution. If the package I have now is the best I can do, surely there is room to compromise? For reference I pay 129.81 for Extreme Internet Basic Cable and HD Plus for a total of 26HD and 37SD channels. My kids in the LM pay less for a much better package including home phone, standard cable +HD and the movie channels.

... end of rant, but I still don't feel better

Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shaw Website

First I have the utmost sympathy for the Shaw CSR that have to answer some of the calls surrounding the horrible MyAccount interface on the Shaw website! This has to be the most useless MyAccount interface on any internet provider! I can never tell what services i have on my bundle.. the level of frustration is huge and I always end up calling CSR to get the information that the MyAccount profile fails big time to give me! Therefore defeating the whole purpose of MyAccount profile on Shaw website! If I have to call the CSR your website is useless!!! Shaw needs to understand that some customers just want to find out what their current services are that they are getting billed for and thats it! Stop trying to bombard us with up-selling stuff to the point that it becomes so dominate on the MyAccount interface that it makes the client never wish to look at the MyAccount interface ever again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread is for folks to post good stories and bad about Shaw Cable Customer Service.

If your posting a bad post, then at least try to post what knowledge is lacking and how the company might improve service rather than calling CSR's useless or idiots.

Remember CSR's are human too and sometimes they don't have all the answers
just moved tryed to change my account # - noway try ed to open a new account but no matter how complex the password (0ver 30 charactors meeting there requierments) seys too weak. phoned 24/7/365 nobody there says call back later. just trying to pay my bill, guess thay like to got the user intrest too. old phone # and new phone # both don't exist to them.

941 - 943 of 943 Posts