Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

901 - 920 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
an anti rant.

Noticed PACE PVR flaky last night (everything okay then after 10 seconds picture black and audio drop out, select another channel good for 10 second then blank) pulled the power to the Pace to reset and no joy.

This morning at ~7:30am called Shaw, went through the menu to TV tech support and phone was picked up after 2 rings. The CSR did a reset, but then Pace locked up. He told me to unplug power to Pace box and HD and bring power back to the drive first for about 30 seconds before connecting the Pace box.

No waiting on hold, couldn't have went better. Amazed after reading all the negative posts.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
^ Hi das75, our wait times have dropped significantly of late. Over the past handful of months we have employed nearly 1400 Canadians. Regarding your Pace PVR issues if they still persist let me know I would be more than happy to organize a swap out for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
But a few days later when I called about a problem the wait to receive a call back was over 2 hours and, worse yet, when I tried to log in to the customer center to get a faster response by using the concierge chat service the system wouldn't accept the password that has always worked before. I figured the log in problem may be temporary and with no more time to waste trying to contact anyone that day simply gave up, but the system was still rejecting my password today and had to be reset for some reason. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that response times may be better, but not always.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I went into the Concierge Chat to switch MysteryTV to Sportsnet East/West to see if I would get the Sens game on Sportsnet East as Thunder Bay is part of the Sens/Leafs and Jets regions. I have 7 channel pack discount. At first, the CSR switch MysteryTV to SportsnetWorld and he asked what Sportsnet I wanted to change, he asked SportsnetWorld or Sportsnet One so when I went to SportsnetWorld and low and behold SportsnetWorld was working. I informed him that I wanted Sportsnet East/West. He made the switch but instead of doing the channel switch, he removed RDS, NHLN and ESPN Classic and gave me Sports Pack which includes some sports channels that I have no interest in and I didn't ask for it. I looked at the other channels to confirmed that I got those channels. If I paid the same or less then I would have no problem with the Sports Pack as I would get all the channels I wanted for the same or less.

I went back in Concierge Chat to see if I was paying more or less or the same amount.

After a few minutes. He said, that I was paying 3 bucks more for the 2 non sports subscription channels. I got him to remove the sports pack and put in the Sportsnet East/West and the other channels I had so that I got the 7 channel discount again. It looks fine right now. Hopefully it is.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Received a courtesy call from SHAW last night asking if I was happy with my services etc etc. Told them I was and I had no complaints. The CSR then informed me it looked like I was paying a fair bit for my services and would I like a $30.00 a month rebate? Hell yeah. The CSR said that if I got the home phone installed I could get the rebate. Told her I don't want home phone as my VoIP is a better and cheaper service. Was told I don't actually have to use the home phone service. Just accept the terminal and that's it. $30.00 a month saving and at the end of the 6 months give the terminal back. :)

Let's see what I can get in 6 months time!

·
Registered
326 Posts
@DSgamby & Torontoblue

I read your posts with a smile :)

Get this, I received a personally addressed blue card in the mail offering X-Large Package that included HD bundle, BB50 and phone for $134.90 for 6 months. I looked at the package and figured why not? I get on Concierge Chat and the CSR says sorry, I am already on a reduced package and this can't be offered. I tried to tell him the card offering was mailed to me personally but no sale. I say thanks and good bye.

The next day I try Chat again, get a different CSR, explain what happened the previous day and asked why Shaw would mail me an offer then tell me I can't have it? She apologized profusely and said she couldn't offer me the the package advertised but could offer me the X-Large HD TV and BB50 for $99.90 for six month :confused:. Go figure, I never wanted phone (I didn't mention that), so I end up with what I wanted for $35. a month less for six months.

So the adage if at 1st you don't succeed, try try again :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
3 hour wait times have become standard with Shaw.

Heck I went to the shaw main office in Edmonton to drop off a piece of hardware and had to stand in line an hour.

Will say this though. If you get a hold of someone they're usually pretty good to deal with. Just have to have a phone with a battery that last's three hours.

It's painfully obvious shaw has been caught with their pants down and what just a year can do to a company. This time last year I was bragging about their great internet speeds and awesome customer service.

Now their network speeds can only be achieved at 4am.
It's also the only time you can get a hold of someone from tech support too. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quick back story
I threw Shaw cable out of the house in 2001. I only used them for internet I had Star Choice ( now Shaw Direct ) for TV. Internet sucked so bad that as soon as Telus had DSL in area I switched.

Fast forward to Jan 2011 I went Optic TV, then Jan 2012 after begging Telus to simply confirm sometime in 2012 I would get 3 HD feeds and 25MB and being told "can't tell you" I advised them if I did not get an answer by the End of Feb 2012 I would shut all my Telus accounts down and switch to Shaw.

I tried 100MB internet Early Feb and was really impressed, never below 75MB, most of time +91-93 range.

Switched TV portal system and Phone March 7th (phone took until 22nd due to Telus BS)

Through it all had at least 1/2 dozen calls with Customer service, issues with time change on portal system, phone porting battle, etc etc

Customer service from Shaw has been top notch, at times long phone waits but they appear to be trying hard to keep people happy.

It's also clear they are having growing pains with this restructure to much more than a traditional cable company.

·
Registered
134 Posts
just tried to use shaw chat to request a tech as my gateway has been crap the last few dyas, rebooting itself during recordings losing signal from the main gateway, stuttering video and sound drop outs, basicly being a big waste of money so i go to the chat to request a tech and not wait an hour to talk to someone on the phone but the rep won't even help me tells me to call, if i wanted to call i would have in the first place but i don't want to wait over an hour to have a 1 minute convo just to have a tech sent out.

This is BS

·
Registered
195 Posts
@ShawnB - If you're still having issues with your Gateway and haven't connected with us yet, please send me a pm and i'll arrange a call back for you.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The title says 'good and bad' so here's some amazing info: I was on the phone with a Shaw representative who had called me and I got a call waiting beep. The second call was an automated Shaw call reminding me about the service call I have booked for tomorrow. Unreal. Talk about a 180 degree turn around.

I had called Shaw yesterday with a problem getting an old PVR to work and eventually had to settle for a tech visit. To my surprise, I was asked if this Sunday afternoon was OK, just two days later. Then, today, I get a call from this agent, who is actually calling from Cleveland, to 'double check' things prior to the tech visit that is still scheduled tomorrow.

I can't imagine why Shaw would need to outsource this kind of service but I was impressed with the 'follow up' that is taking place. However, I don't really know how it is improving customer service other than to make people 'feel' like Shaw cares about them. Maybe that's all it is, 'perceived good will'?

·
Registered
52 Posts
We dont have agents outside of Canada that would do that type of call, especially from the States.

===============

I am a Shaw employee, opinions are my own

901 - 920 of 943 Posts