Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1501 - 1510 of 1510 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
My contract is up with shaw and they want more for the next 24 months. bell just matched their price with no contact and they offer 4K programming which shaw does not. Is it time to exit?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Start making the switch and maybe you will get a "late" call with a fair offer like I did which then caused me to cancel my Telus scheduled install, :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've tried on 3 occasions to get a better deal. The CSR said there is nothing they can do & that there is no retentions department. They threw in $50.00 to "sweeten the pot". So, after all these years, leaving for Telus (my 1st time!) and getting Netflix & Amazon Prime for 2 years (thrown in) at a much better price than even the expiring Shaw offer incl. their !GB speed!! Buh Bye Shaw! See you in 2 years-maybe!!

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I've tried on 3 occasions to get a better deal. The CSR said there is nothing they can do & that there is no retentions department. They threw in $50.00 to "sweeten the pot". So, after all these years, leaving for Telus (my 1st time!) and getting Netflix & Amazon Prime for 2 years (thrown in) at a much better price than even the expiring Shaw offer incl. their !GB speed!! Buh Bye Shaw! See you in 2 years-maybe!!
Don't be surprised if you suddenly get a phone call from Shaw offering you a better deal then he one they gave you(before leaving), to stay with them?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bell says the install will occur on Tuesday but they will not notify shaw until the Friday so how will I get " the call" if the switch is not known until after it has been done?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Didn't know Bell would notify Shaw. I cancelled Shaw as of a certain date when Telus was scheduled to install. I did it because I was so ticked I didn't care if the install was later and I missed some service for a few days. It was difficult to accept the late Shaw offer I was so ticked.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Their dreadful, no-phone customer support is what will eventually do them in for me. Chat takes too long, and for the price increases they implement, their customer support is unacceptable.

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I left Shaw for Telus they notified them. Shortly after Shaw called matching what Telus offered and I told them they were to late. I tried to get a deal from Shaw the week before and they said no. That was 3 years ago, no regrets.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have only 2 choices in Manitoba. Bell matched the Shaw price and they have 4K which Shaw does not. But no phone app which is almost a deal breaker. Why do I have to squeeze Shaw or visa versa every couple of years? Why not offer the product at a fair not gouge pricing?

1501 - 1510 of 1510 Posts