Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a shaw cable customer but I was with Telus in the past. With Telus I had a website and an FTP site (mainly to be used to upload and update my webpage) but I could also use it transfer data from the FTP server to my computer when I needed to move files larger than a 4 GB USB drive. Does Shaw provide such a service for it customers and how would I access that server/service?

Edward

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yes there is and it is the same for FTP or web access. I use mine to store a home page on and not much else. The storage limit was not that big so I never think of using it for more but have used it to transfer some modest size files to other people.

I don't know what the current limit is but there is an allocation for each Email account that you have. Your web site is accessed at:

members.shaw.ca/(Email account)

This is described somewhere on shaw's web site. Try searching in the Internet part of Shaw's web site or their FAQs and it should also tell you the procedure to use FTP to access your web area.

Edited to add

A quick search located the following link for Shaw's personall web space which apparently is still limited to a very unuseful size of 20 MBs and the link has been changed so I don't know why site still works.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCare/InternetSupport/Residential/WebSpace/WebSpaceFAQs.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts