Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well. if Shaw follows what they've done before, everyone will have to pay for this new channel; except those just coming on board. They've lost mega points with me...

·
Registered
169 Posts
HGTV HD is not listed as part of HD Education or HD Plus as yet in my area but for Oasis which is listed, there is a footnote that reads, "Oasis HD is available in all $16/month HD Plus packages." I have asked Shaw the question about HGTV HD inclusion in grandfathered HD Plus and am awaiting a reply.

I couldn't even guess which way they'll go on HGTV HD.

·
Registered
248 Posts
HGTV HD will be on Channel 231, and on a free preview from January 31st to February 28th.

It will be included in the $12 Grandfathered HD Plus Package, the $16 Full HD Plus Package, and the HD Education Theme package for $10.

·
Registered
738 Posts
HGTV HD Fully Loaded

Will HGTV HD be included in the fully loaded package? Some channels seem to be disappearing from mine such as Bite.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would assume that HGTV HD would be part of Fully Loaded, as it includes HD Plus and HGTV HD is being added to both the grandfathered and full HD Plus packages. The recently added SD channels Bite TV, Pet TV, Silver Screen, and Movieola are the specialty channels not included in Fully Loaded

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah I agree with @ShawUser.
I wonder when Comedy Gold & Global Reality will be added.
Don't know about Comedy Gold, but since Shaw now owns Global Reality they have a problem putting it on their own system. There are regulations which require them to add five (?) channels owned by other companies before they can add a new channel that they own.

Frankly I wouldn't be in a huge rush to add Global Reality. Given that Fox Reality in the US folded last year - apparently people aren't particularly interested in reruns of reality shows - I'd think that Shaw Media might want to consider dumping or rebranding this one. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Did they jump the gun? I didn't see an announcement on the Shaw website

indicating a channel number or the fact that it was launching at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just called a Shaw CSR and after about 5 minutes of resetting / rebooting I was still "Not Authorized".
They have had numerous calls this morning and they say they are trying to pinpoint the exact problem, but simply there seems to be a pattern that some areas are receiving it and some are not. Also the CSR was currently watching the channel as I spoke to him.
He stated that techs were working on it and it should be up and running everywhere (because it is a free preview) by the end of the day

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Just checked and HGTV HD was live for with guide information out to at least Saturday here in Kelowna, BC. Great as I have been watching quite a bit on HGTV lately and have been wanting to watch it in HD.

41 - 60 of 668 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.