Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would love to see the NFL network in HD. I love the NFL news that this channel provides, but it's just so difficult to watch it in SD.
I think the wife would appreciate the Food Network in HD.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Now that Family HD has launched, why has Shaw not picked it up yet? Rogers, Bell, and others already have it, but not Shaw of course!

Of course if they picked it up, they might drop the Eastern feed of Family and replace it with Playhouse Disney, at least it sounds like something they would do. They did replace the Teletoon timeshift with Teletoon Retro and it was mentioned before they would do the same with Playhouse Disney and Family, but it hasn't happen yet and may not.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It would be great to have family channel HD - and I could drop tier 3 completely. If Family HD does come, it will be interesting to see if Tier 3 would be a requirement for receiving the channel.

Any reason Shaw would not bring this onto their offerings?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
You can get money on the fact Astral will require you to have the SD version of Family before you can get the HD version.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hmmmm

I noticed that Shaw has "realigned" the HD channel spectrum, not a lot but there are a few blanks there now... This is usually a sign that something is about to happen, yet there are no clues here.

I would even be happy with an educated guess at this point, I am getting bored of the lack of new, non-sports HD channels available...

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
@roopster77, the reason for the gaps is that Shaw broke down HD Plus into 3 subgroups: HDSports, HDEducation and HDEntertainment.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i don't why shaw wont add channels like family when bell and rogers do. They seem to really neglect hd. most likely they will add another sports channel before family, cus there not into variety. They have yet to require you to have the sd channel of the same hd channel, so if they do it for family that will be the first.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The next channel to get added to Shaw Cable/Shaw Direct is HGTV HD.
Are you able to provide a source for this information? Rumours have been floating about HGTV HD (as well as Food Network HD) for a while now.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I know I always say this, but I would love to have bpm:tv, MuchMoreRetro, MuchVibe, and MuchLoud added. MusiMax and MusiquePlus would also be nice too. They have those two channels in North & West Vancouver, but no where else--not even in Downtown Vancouver. But I have noticed that other companies have removed some of the Much digital channels off their lineup over the last few years.

Global Reality Channel and Comedy Gold would also be nice channels to watch when you're bored.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
I've heard a few rumblings about HGTV HD commencing operations next week (Start of February)- but we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I wonder if there's any chance that Shaw would drop NBC HD from Seattle and replace it with NBC HD from Spokane?

I know most of you probably think what's the difference and largely you are right. The only difference is that KHQ shows Gonzaga University basketball. This year they started broadcasting the games in HD on SWX (a subchannel of KHQ) and then downgrading the HD broadcast to KHQ SD. This makes all the on screen graphics unreadable for the games. Most of the time I can't tell whether there are 8 or 5 minutes remaining and if I missed part of the game, the score is hard to decypher.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
IIRC, Shaw was waiting for a fibre-optic link with KHQ Spokane. Until then, they got special permission from the CRTC to show NBC HD Seattle instead.
My memory's kinda fuzzy on this one, so I stand to be corrected.

·
Registered
74 Posts
HGTV-HD is coming

I just received an HD+ promotion e-mail from Shaw showing that HGTV-HD is coming on January 31st.

21 - 40 of 668 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.