Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How am I able to enable the hdmi in?
For those looking for hardware specifics on BlueSky TV here is the support landing page: Equipment Info: BlueCurve TV hardware

BlueSky TV Box - Also known as XG1v3 "RDK"

Connections

• HDMI Out Yes
  • Mini-HDMI No
  • DVI No
  • Component No
  • Composite Yes
  • S-Video No
  • Coaxial (out) Disabled
  • RCA Audio Yes
  • S/PDIF (Coaxial) No
  • S/PDIF (Optical) Yes
  • IR Tether No
  • USB Disabled
  • HDMI In Disabled
Where it says hdmi in disabled, what I want to know is how to enable it. The online help booklet tells me basic set up info (power to wall, power to box, hdmi from box to TV "yayyy you're done, for more complex set ups refer to the manual") but I can find the booklet and all I want to to is use the hdmi in on the box for my step sons xbox so I can use the shaw box as a pass through for video and the digital audio out for sound. But the hdmi is disabled, how can I fix this?

·
Super Moderator
57,127 Posts
I'm not sure if you've moved any equipment, however, many people have reported that the hub has to be set very close to the box you're controlling and often even in a very specific spot. Try moving it around to see if that helps.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm not sure if you've moved any equipment, however, many people have reported that the hub has to be set very close to the box you're controlling and often even in a very specific spot. Try moving it around to see if that helps.
Thanks 57. I deleted my post because I figured out that my IR blaster had died...nothing to do with the Harmony hub or Shaw box. I had stuck a blaster right to the front of the portal box and it worked fine for a year. Then (coincidentally?) the IR blaster quit working at the same time as I did the system reset on the Shaw box...it took a bit of troubleshooting to figure out what happened. Obviously I thought that something had changed with the Shaw box because that is what I was messing with. (Pro tip: use your cell phone camera to see if your IR devices are sending a signal).

Anyways, I replaced the IR blaster and it is working fine again.

Note that a year ago there was no option for "Shaw Xi6-A" in the Harmony database, but it is there now. A couple custom tweaks and I'm rolling again.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
57,127 Posts
Here's a thread in the Rogers forum. I would expect the information to be similar or identical.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts