Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard if this series is destined to make it's way to Canadian airwaves?

It stars William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum and has been critically acclaimed after it's first season wrapped up on Showtime US last Sunday.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It was on The Movie Network on Monday nights - I really enjoyed it!

ETA: I just checked and The Movie Network is going to repeat the series starting Apr 4

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's already been renewed for next season...apparently drawing 4-5 million viewers which makes it second behind only Dexter amongst their house series.

That is awesome...anyone who missed this little gem...would be well advised to watch the repeats.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If anyone has watched the original Uk series, it's an almost word for word remake which was a disappointment for me as I already knew exactly what the characters were going to say. If you haven't seen the UK series check it out

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
+1 regarding the UK series. It is a great series.

I haven't seen the last few UK seasons though so I'm not sure if it has kept up.

I have enjoyed the first few EPs of the US series. Will try to keep up as time permits.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Has anyone heard if this series is destined to make it's way to Canadian airwaves?

It stars William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum and has been critically acclaimed after it's first season wrapped up on Showtime US last Sunday.
It's been on HD HBO/Movie Channel out West. Watched it last night to see what the fuss was about. I wasn't that compelled, although I presume some of the happenings were designed to be shocking for regular viewers...

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
To really enjoy it, you have to watch it from the start. Character development is important for that show. Can't wait to see next season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts