Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Channel Vision 3102-104 Specs indicate it PASSES up THRU CATV Ch102 (660-666 MHz) and has a 4-channel wide Slope to the High Attenuation Region, which would start at about 666+24 = 690 MHz, which means it should be just what is needed for suppressing 4G LTE Cell Tower signals, unfortunately they don't indicate HOW MUCH ATTENUATION is provided (BOO, HISS)....but even 15-20 dB should be more than adequate:
Low Pass Filter Blocks Channels Above 105 ? 3102-105 | Channel Vision Technology
Low Pass Filter Blocks Channels Above 105

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I have the Radio Shack 1500396 LTE low Pass Filter that Adtech characterised a while ago.
Left my Phone up top on the chimney doing some data sessions one day,
and ran 905Shmick's hdhomerun script to measure signal strength and quality on all received stations without it.
Then I put the filter inline between antenna and preamp, and did the same thing. I saw no noticeable difference in SNR at the time.
Thus I removed it from the system as it didn't seem necessary for me.

maybe I'll try that exercise again someday and post results here (we have an RF 49 here).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a dealer for the Soontai filters? Back around 2008, when they didn't list any off-the-shelf values, they said they would build me any roll-off hi-pass filters for $2.00 each or low-pass filters for $1.25 each (or the pricing might have been vice-versa, I forget) as long as I ordered a minimum of 500 of each value. At the time, I could have digested a lot of various values to match my market situation, but I never was able to get any other dealers to take a big enough share to make it worth my while, and I have less need for them now as I did at that time.

- AntAltMike

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Has anyone contacted Industry Canada re the interference? Is this going to be the norm?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Found it...ADTech's Measurements on Radio Shack 1500396 LTE low Pass Filter. Has 1.6 dB Insertion Loss on 620 MHz (Ch38/39) and 4.4 dB on 698 MHz (Ch51), which is a bit more than desired.

But it is VERY Effective (40+ dB) against AT&T Cell Tower Transmissions on 734-746 MHz....and low to moderately effective against YOUR AT&T Cell Phone, operating VERY CLOSE to the Antenna (and Tuner) on 704-716 MHz...but at least you can SEE when you cause EMI and MIGHT be able to take actions to minimize the impact on TV viewers: [Verizon uses next higher Band of Frequencies, so is much less of a problem.]

·
Registered
366 Posts
It also varies here in the US. My Verizon 4G service DL band is in the 734-746 block here in St Louis. Shows up really prominently on any noise figure testing I do of non-shielded amplifiers since VZ has a tower less than 1/2 mile from here.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Charles Rhodes (TV Technology Magazine) measured Frequency Response of CM Stand-Alone LTE Filter. It provides about 50+ dB Insertion Loss against ATT+Verizon Cell Towers [734-758 MHz]....but there is significant LOSS on Upper UHF Frequencies....so Do NOT use one unless you NEED IT:
Out-of-Band Interference: Myth or Reality? | TvTechnology

141 - 149 of 149 Posts