Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else, or more specifically, anyone with the Maestro system seeing this on channel 745, especially in Ontario? It was fine with my Motorola equipment the day before the new system was installed. Also, this happens on every terminal.

This is the only channel that this happens on, fortunately.

Samples:

·
Registered
996 Posts
I haven't had the opportunity to check that particular program on TWN HD yet, denben73, and will try to catch it, and report back to this thread ASAP.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The program just aired, and I don't see any major issues similar to what you are seeing. That bottom image is terrible, and I cannot even make out what it is trying to display. I assume that your Maestro has all the latest software updates.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think so, I'll force updates to them later when everyone else is asleep, found that already in the installer menu. The bottom image has no words on the main part of the screen at that moment, it's supposed to be smoke or something like that. It's fast moving so it makes even more "blocky". It was crisp and clear with my DCX3400, even raindrops falling on the weather icons go blocky.

Thankfully, it is the only channel suffering like this.

I just setup the recordings for the week and getting used to the guide more now. But that is for another thread. ;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
I remember the top video, and the raindrops displayed fine here. It is odd that you are having these issues. Also, I am puzzled by the issues you are having with several channels in the guide that you mentioned in the main Maestro thread.

I do know that when the installers were here, they forced updates for both the hub and display terminals.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Might be an ontario-West issue too... We get a different version of TWN-HD in Atlantic Canada, with only Atlantic weather in the local forecast and tickers.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TWNHD Atlantic? Then again, I'm not surprised. You guys get everything out there! ;)

Seriously though, I figure we have a national feed since the only regional feed for Ontario is probably Toronto or the GTA, I'm guessing mind you.

Strangely, it seems OK now. Not that I'm complaining....:cool:

·
Registered
580 Posts
This Maestro system is it just in Ontario or is Eastlink doing a box swap, I hate when I need to swap for new equipment.

I just swamped my DCT 2000 for a 700 something(yeah I suck a little bit when it comes to what these boxes are called)

I like my Motorola's :-(

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No need to worry. The Maestro system is just the new name for the Ultra Whole Home DVR system. It's available in certain markets nationally but it is not a forced upgrade. We chose to upgrade to this system. No need to change your box and I'm sure it will be OK at least for a few more years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts