Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Bell offer an option to setup their STB's to always start on a specified channel when turned on? Videotron spoiled me with that feature, but I can't seem to find this option with Bell. Is it hidden in a sub-menu somewhere?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No this is not available on Bell TV.

Having said that, you could always create a Custom Favourites Guide with just 1 Channel, you would have to choose this before turning the STB off and if you do, it will come back on that Channel the next day.

·
Registered
358 Posts
what I do with my 6131 (I have a EHD plugged in) is preset record everyday for the 5am Sportscentre so when I wake up and turn the TV and reciever on it is always going to be on TSN the first time on (in the AM anyway)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Thats an interesting way to do it, I had not thought of that. I guess even having it to just tune to a Channel at say 5am would work as well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats an interesting way to do it, I had not thought of that. I guess even having it to just tune to a Channel at say 5am would work as well.
even better, now i won't have to remember to delete the program everyday... thanks Pinza! making that change now!

i could do a 5am sportscentre, a 3:30pm ctv news timer, and a midnight Comedy Network for my South Park everyday and be set!

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Auto tune is probably the best way to do it. I set up a very short auto tune timer for a time when the TV is not used. It should put up notice so that it can be canceled a few minutes before it is about to occur.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
RE: Setting a start channel.

Setting the 5100 PVR to record doesn't work, it switches back to the channel you were watching after it is finished recording, but if you just set it to tune to a certain channel it will remain on that channel.
Dual tuner units will change the receiver 2 unit or what ever one you have set to record, but again rcvr 1 unit will tune to a certain channel, and remain on that channel.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
For the Dual Tuners you would need to set 2 Timers to fire at the same time, thereby making Tuner 1 also change to your preferred choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts