Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I am a new Bell customer that went with the Bell PVR because my job takes me all over North America and Bell's PVR is accessible to be over the inernet. Everything works fine except that when I log into my PVR from the internet, Setanta only appears in `low' definition, channel 420 I believe, the HD setanta does not appear in my guide, so I can only record my soccer games in low def.

I can only see channel 1414 when at home on the actual tv. Can anyone else confirm this? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you for your help!

Peter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. MSNBC is also missing. They were both added to the guide about the same time so I suspect they'll be added to the online guide at the same time whenever they get around to it.

Sadly since TSN got the prem rights Setanta has become half the channel it used to be. It's a lot more varied, showing more Scottish football and other fringe sports (so far as North America is concerned) but the main reason people buy that channel is for english football (prem or championship).

For $15 a month we're getting considerably less then we used to and I've been pondering dropping it. Last month a key United match wasn't shown anywhere on Canadian TV. Now today, again, same thing. The much hyped Manchester derby is to be played and NO ONE in Canada is airing it.

The only assumption I can make is that TSN has the rights to the match and isn't showing it, but it means Setanta or RSN can't show it either.

Instead Setanta is showing Chelsea v Fulham (sure to either be a rout for Chelsea or a very boring affair) and RSN is showing the Pool/Wigan match. The United/City match isn't even on delayed and instead of that, TSN is showing ATP Tennis (horrah).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Primehifi,
I disagree. Setanta works out at a bit over $4 per week. Since Sat I have watched on Setanta Man U v Wolves, Arsenal v Newcastle, Liverpool v Chelsea, Hibs v Hearts, Spurs v Sunderland, Man City v Man Utd all for $4. Also could have watched other EPL games on a few hours delay, Champ. games, rugby internationals so it seems pretty good to me and if it suddenly disappeared I would not anticipate anyone else picking these up (unless, to an extent, Sportsnet 1)

·
Registered
142 Posts
They waited until the last minute to add the derby match. It wasn't in the guide all day and even livesoccertv.com didn't have them listed as the Canadian carrier for the match.

From livesoccertv.com: Canal+ Sport, ESPN + , ESPN Latin America North, ESPN Venezuela, ESPN2, ESPN3.com USA, ESPND, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports HD 2

I missed half the match because they didn't have it in the guide and I went out, assuming I'd have to download it later on in the evening to watch. They've done this several times before, which is why I even discovered it was on at about the 50th minute when I thought "just in case" and checked.

Between tsn, sportsnets 1-4 and sportsnetone we now get a decent sample of weekend prem football.

When Setanta came along they were marketed as the one stop shop for premiere league matches. Now this year TSN got first choice rights to the matches. Setanta, which I pay 15 bucks a month for, is now playing second fiddle. Further, their HD feed is no better then a slingbox hd feed.

Just venting. :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just replying!
It was announced on the Monday afternoon and it is the responsibility of the tv carrier to change the guide. I have Bell and it did not appear on my guide until Wed morning but I knew of it from 2 other sites.
The game was on ESPN in the states and was earlier shown to be on TSN 2 so I am assuming that TSN withdrew from broadcasting it and it was given to Setanta

·
Registered
23 Posts
dinny sa it's so

wha's wrong with Scottish Football? Some of us subscribe just so we can get Hibs and Hearts games !
It's no all aboot the English ya know. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts