Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there I hope this is not a ridiculous request but I am trying to set-up my receiver(Onkyo 7.1),dvd player and rogers box.I have all the cables I need as it was set-up in the past with a different TV and dvd player.My dvd has an hdmi slot as does the TV and the rogers box.I have only one HDMI cable but i have many optical cables,rca cables etc etc.I just don't know where the cables should placed in the back of the receiver to set everything up.Right now there is no receiver hooked up and thats what Im trying to do as i have a 5.1 surround sound speaker system plus sub woofer. Is this as easy as a paragraph of instructions on which cable goes into which input from someone on here or should I call a professional.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could share.:D

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
It should all be explained in the user manuals, often with diagrams.

It sounds like all your devices have HDMI, so get more HDMI cables and use those instead of optical or RCA, etc.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
Here's the FAQ on cables and connections. You connect each device to the AVR with the best possible connection: We can't really tell you what to use unless you tell us the exact make/model of each component. As mentioned above, the operating manuals usually list the various options, but often professional assistance is in order to optimize the system.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76085

Here's a post useful for those new to this. What is your location?

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply....

I am located in Mississauga.

I don't have the manuals anymore and I lost my remote to the Receiver over a move recently, so I'm still trying to find that in boxes that are still to un-pack.If I don't find it I would assume I could get one from Onkyo???

My components are Onkyo TXSR-702 receiver,Rogers 4250HD cablebox and my DVD player is a Toshiba SD-6100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts