Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
when you say "add the viewsat" to the mix", do you mean having two receivers connected to this dish? You will need to get an LNBF with multiple outputs in order to have multiple receivers due to polarity/voltage switching. a splitter won't do.
I'm fairly sure your LNBF only has one output, right?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Exactly, I still plan to use one receiver only, but my pansat is just sluggish at times and when I was at my local goodwill I decided for $5.00 all take a risk and use the viewsat instead and retire the pansat as a spare.

·
Registered
267 Posts
m3repair, were you successful in setting up your 24" dish for TV Trwam on 97w?
SC 24" dish will catch many but not all transponders on Galaxy 19. Unfortunately TV Trwam is on a weaker transponder. I suggest using at minimum 33" dish. When aiming your dish, aim it at strong transponder like 12084V on which you will find Ebru tv, Polskie Radio Jedynka, Polskie Radio Trojka. TV Trwam is on 12184H. To receive Galaxy 19 any receiver will do Viewsat or Pansat. Depending on your preference there is only a handful of watchable channels on Galaxy 19, so it does not matter how quickly the receiver changes channels. You won't have much flipping to do. Enjoy.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was able to use a 24inch dish for 97 but of course it wasn't enough to work exactly as I had liked. So I opted for a 30 dish in the mean time. If the 30 works well enough I will leave it as is. If not I will opt for a 33. Trying to keep this particular setup as low cost as possible as its only for a handful of english/the channel I need anyways.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
When weather permits try tweaking the dish on a weak transponder rather than a strong one. With a strong TP you can actually not be centered on the sat and miss the weaker TPs.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
especially true on a sat like 97W Ku where the transponders are all using the DVB-S delivery system. DVB-S has a lot of room for 'slop', but DVB-S2 does not.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not to revive a old thread, but does anyone know where TV Polonia went on Galaxy 19? it was at 12184 transponder but I have rescanned a few times to no avil, lyngsat says its still active there and the last update to that webpage was October 7th 2016. Anyone else want to confirm its actually gone or is it a configuration issue on my end. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you Jaygeetee, as long as im not the only one, I guess its gone for good. Will have to check back from time to time I suppose

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Back this thread again, am I the only one who has issues watching TV Trwam, because it seems its always blocking or being choppy and out of sync.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
TRWAM is solid over here on Galaxy 19, 11961 V 22000.

Some older DVB-S receivers are having choppy and pixalating issues. My Viewsat 2000 is one of them.

My Openbox S9 is fine.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Galaxy 19/Ku 97.1W 2629 DVBS/S2 Tuner 0 11960 Vertical 21996.614 QPSK 3/4 DVB-S Auto 0.35 Inverted CCM 30.407 29.695 7.9 S/n -43dBm MIS: 0, BER: 0.0000000, Time to lock: 398 ms 2017-01-20 9:51:41 PM

7.9dB s/n is not great for a 90cm dish but it might have been blown around badly from high winds over the last month or so. Should be over 10. Picture is just fine with no breakups etc. Maybe some older receivers are not able to decode the stream properly... maybe time for an upgrade.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts