Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SES 1 at 101.0°W TV Trwam GONE?

Has this channel been moved off this satellite? Is anyone who has SES 1 at 101.0 able to pick up this channel? I am trying to pick it up today and I can't even find 101.0 so if this channel isn't even there then I am not going to bother hunting for this signal anymore. Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your saying all of the channels that where free and clear are now gone from SES 101 as the thread is with regards to the a Dutch channel.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Only thing left is 11820 H 20000 Pentagon channel. 12120 which had BVN and TRWAM is gone.

TRWAM moved to Galaxy 19 at 97W 12184 H 22000.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This begs the next question for me, Whats the smallest dish I can use for 97 to pick that channel up? Also do I now need to change out my LNBF?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What dish and LNB did you use on 101W will also do for 97W. Otherwise a 31" or 33" dish and linear LNB will work just find.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was using an older starchoice 24inch dish with stock LNBF without issue for that channel and an old Pansat receiver (dish used is similar the same as the one used) Would this just barely work to get 97 or should I consider something larger at this point.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have successfully used a 25" to receive 97w but you may not get all the TPs and you are at the mercy of weather especially rain fade. Also depends on how reliable a signal you want. Give it a try, 97W is quite strong and easy to find.

I am quite happy with the 31" and the Avenger PLL linear LNB.

Right now TVTRWAM is at a solid Q70 and it is lightly snowing and -18C.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the Reply, Just to confirm. Do I need to change out my LNBF is was it the same as 101 was? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm late to the party...
The entire transponder signal which had hosted BVN, TRWAM, etc is gone. It disappeared on Dec 1.
TRWAM moved to Galaxy 19, but BVN did not move because there was already another satellite carrying it for North America (SatMex 6).
SatMex 6 is a terrible satellite to try and receive in the Canadian Prairies, and completely impossible for Alaska and Yukon. Too bad for any Dutch living in those places...
Galaxy 19 is about equally easy to receive as SES-1. As always, 33 inches will provide perfect reception, 24 inches will give trouble in heavy cloud, and will be tougher to aim for stable signal on the weaker transponders. LNBF is identical from SES-1 to G19. just move your dish 4 degrees East, peak elevation, and enjoy!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Being in Brandon, maybe you just thawed? Not good sat dish orientation weather now.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The LNBF that I was using was this one (Posted Picture), Will this be able to get all the transponders I need from 97? Just wanted to confirm before I head to the roof to complete this task.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the reply again, one last thing before I drag out the ladder. I went and found an old viewsat receiver at my local good will and also want to add this into the mix. What I want to know is I plan to use the viewsat to point the dish, what settings need to be set on the sat menu to ensure I can locate 97. Also what are some high TP's to scan under. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I will assume its the Viewsat Extreme that you have and that it does not have hacker firmware.
In the Antenna Setup Menu, settings are:

Satellite…………Galaxy 19 97W
LNB Power…… On
LNB Type………Standard
LNB Freq……….10750
22Khz……………OFF
TP Freq…………12084 ( EBRU TV )
DiseqC………….None
Motor…………….OFF

The TP 12084 should be in the receiver.
Also Galaxy 19 may be under a different name, just make sure it is listed as 97W.

If your dish is still pointing at 101 then 97W is just about 1-2 mm to the left. Move slowly and carefully.
Ideally you should have a monitor at the dish to watch the the S and Q meters in the antenna setup menu. They will change from red to green as you home in and reach max signal. Also then adjust the elevation slightly to peak signal. Lastly rotate the LNBF for max signal as well.

have fun.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I re-flashed the view-sat to factory firmware to hopefully ensure the list was correct and up to date as far as the firmware revisions went, and also to ensure that if it was used for any unlawful purpose previously that it would be erased. I actually am still at 101 but need to get to the roof to make any adjustments. I do plan to have a TV on hand so I can see all fields and signal levels as I am pointing the dish.

I thank you once again for all the info. Very much appreciated!:)

I will keep everyone posted when I get some good weather to do the re-point.

·
Registered
92 Posts
that is one of the best LNBF's I have ever used. It's perfectly matched to the starchoice round dishes, which give excellent results on G19 and others.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts