Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD PVR last Christmas(09) at Best Buy. Recently, my recorded tv shows when played back are stuttered. The video gets jumbled, scences are skipped etc, where do I get this serviced? Do I bring it back to Best Buy? If not, how do I service this now if I only have the manufacturer's warranty. Have other users experienced this? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you Stilgar & 57 for the replies.

I spoke to Rogers and he claimed that my signal strength was ok. I verified this myself, and everything is in range based on the link provided below. I performed a cold reboot, waited for 30 mins, recorded a station in HD(502, one time recording), played it back and the playback was perfect.

I'll wait for my wife to do more testing as she has all her shows PVRd and scheduled. I'm not totally convinced yet, but this looks good so far.

If this indeed is the problem(reboots required), I'll perform a warm reboot once a month for maintenance.

Thanks again, if I still have problems I'll let you guys know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.