Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

back in January I went to Europe and before leaving I cancelled my Videotron service (I wasn't on a contract and I own my own receiver). I was told that if i wanted it back I wouldn't have had to pay anything extra.

I am now back in Montreal and I called Videtron to subscribe back. They told me that I have to pay 35 dollars for a technician to be sent over (as if my equipment needed to be reconnected). I told them that this was ridiculous as I did not change anything inside my apartment and if I connect my cable directly to my TV I can get analog channels (i.e. my cable was never physically disconnected). They kept on saying that what I was saying was impossible and that I was lying to them. I really didn't like that and I told them I'd look into other options (i.e. Bell, Shaw Direct).

I was sure that new subscriptions had no activation fee.

I remember that when i first subscribed to Videotron 5 years ago, I got my receiver from futureshop, connected it to my tv, called them and had service right away.

If I want videotorn back, should I buy a new receiver from Futureshop, activate it, return it and switch to my old receiver? That seems a bit ridiculous!

Thanks a lot to any one who might have any insights on the issue!

-Alex

·
Banned
296 Posts
Call again. If you get an employee from Egypt, hang up and call back. You can also ask to speak with a supervisor (avoid peak hours like 4pm to 7pm).

Something else you can do is try calling the STC (technical support) and tell them you have analog service and your terminal is not authorized. If the technician try to dump you to the SAC service, ask him/her to explain the situation to the SAC employee before transfering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts