Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new to posting, but not new to the site. I've been lurking for a long time.
I recently moved from Ottawa (where I was with Rogers) to Sudbury. The cable service provider here is Eastlink and it absolutely sucks. I have no choice but to go to satelite. I just don't know whether to go with Bell or Shaw. I'm hoping you guys can help answer some of my questions.

1. Does Bell still sim-sub everything all the time? I can't stand it. Rogers in Ottawa never sim-subbed anything in HD, only SD.
Does Shaw sim-sub HD?

2. I know Bell doesn't have a Super Sports Pak like Rogers, does Shaw? And how many HD channles do the have for NFL Sunday ticket.

3. I keep hearing rumours about a rogers/eastlink swap of some sort that would include rogers taking over eastlink in Sudbury. That would be ideal, but I can't find anything to verify this. Has anyone else heard of this?

I guess basically I want to know which is better between Bell and Shaw.
What is important to me is little or no sim-subbing, good sports selection and good HD selection.

Thanks.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Frankly your questions have been answered many times on this forum or are available from the respective websites. Not sure why you expect others to do your homework for you.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I'll answer really quckly I suppose, although Hugh is right everything is on here somewhere or could be found with a Google search.

1. Yes for Bell. No for Shaw Direct in HD, yes for CTV and Global in SD most likely.

2. Shaw has NHL CI, NBA LP & NFL ST. NBA is free with HD Sports pack. CI & ST are $25 a month I think (same price combined or individually), you need a full season commitment. Not sure on # of ST HD channels, maybe 4.

3. No clue, it is possible though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Josh and EB for your help.
Still not sure what direction I will go. I really wish Shaw had some sort of college sports package like Bell and Rogers have. It's really the only thing missing. That and NFL Network in HD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts