Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is delete-after-retrieval the only option for deleting server msgs on a POP server?

Someone I know (multiple Apple devices) said that only one of her computers can delete all the messages so that they no longer appear elsewhere. I'm guessing that only one computer has delete-after-retrieve configured.

She wants messages deleted from any computer to no longer appear on the others. Does she need to delete/re-add the Rogers account as IMAP?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have my main computer set up as POP3 with delete from server. I have my mobile devices as IMAP. When I download a message from my main computer it deletes it every place. When I delete from mobile it only deletes from the mobile as I have the mobile option set that way.

Main computer is windows Outlook, mobiles are Android.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Doing it as Sesinger says will work..

BUT when the PC downloads it.. NONE of the messages (ones you want visible, etc), will be available on the phones, etc.

Overall, if you just want everything to be kept in sync... that you delete on A, its then deleted on B.. whatever you keep, is kept.. would YES to change all of them over to IMAP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts