Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with some series recordings lately. I'll select Big Bang Theory as example, and tell it to record all episodes on channel 210, but it only picks up new one's even though I have set it to "All, with duplicates".

I called Shaw as this has happened with two shows now, and he mentioned that it's a known issue but only effects some boxes.

Anyone else experiencing this? Sorry, if this has been discussed already.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried that. also tech had me go into a settings menu to clear out recording errors, and redo the series recording, and still only picks up the new episodes. WWE vintage collection same thing......won't pick up anything.

Tech said it has something to do with the guide information provided to Shaw from the networks.......who knows.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
Try a timed recording for that channel... a bit of a pain, but it will at least capture the program you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this same problem. Just tonight I noticed that more than half of my series recordings were deleted on the PVR. When I went to the history, there is a note saying they were cancelled by the system. It would be bad enough to miss recordings, but to have these programs deleted in their entirety from my PVR series recordings is maddening.

I've contacted Shaw to see what this is all about. Unfortunately, after reading here tonight, I'm afraid I probably won't get an appropriate answer. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The series recording was already deleted. So I'm not sure what else to do. I went in tonight and re-added the shows that the system cancelled.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had this same problem. Just tonight I noticed that more than half of my series recordings were deleted on the PVR. When I went to the history, there is a note saying they were cancelled by the system. It would be bad enough to miss recordings, but to have these programs deleted in their entirety from my PVR series recordings is maddening.

I've contacted Shaw to see what this is all about. Unfortunately, after reading here tonight, I'm afraid I probably won't get an appropriate answer. I'll keep you posted.
I was having this exact problem with Oprah (for my wife :) ).

I had to go in and delete all reference to the show in the PVR History screen. Since then it's been fine.

(By the way: It's a bit of a pain because you can't 'bulk delete' in the History screen...you have to go through and manually delete every entry.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The PVR history appears to be all there. I just can't understand why all of my shows would be completely deleted? Very strange! I went from approx. 10 series recordings, to only 4. The six that were deleted were also my favorites, so I hope it doesn't happen again.

I'll go into the history and delete it, but I don't see how that is going to change anything as the programs were no longer set to record at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll give it a shot, but I sure hope this isn't something I'll have to do continuously. In over 5 years, we've never had a problem. Then we moved, got this new motorola HD PVR box and had nothing but issues since. We already returned one box as it had a loud humming/vibration sound which was most annoying. Contacted Shaw and was told it definitely shouldn't be making any noise. This new box has a slight hum but thankfully it's not as annoying.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as a follow up to my initial post.....I tried again to delete the series recording, and then go into PVR History and delete every Big Bang Entry manually (took awhile), and then re do series recording, and this time it works good. It's picking up all episodes of this show on 210.

Perhaps the tech I was speaking to the first time didn't have me delete ALL the entries for Big Bang in the PVR history, as this seems to do the trick...in addition to deleting the series recording itself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Inexplicable programs and series recordings 'canceled by the system'. As far as I'm concerned, this is just one more nail in Shaw's coffin. Telus HD is looking better and better.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thursday of last week my DCT6412III decided to cancel the series recording of American Idol.

I noticed this at 10:58PM...the last airing of the show is in the 9PM-11PM time slot.

My wife and kids were not happy. I'm not sure why they think this, but I really got the feeling from them that it was somehow my fault.

When I went in to look at the PVR History, it showed that the Series was "cancelled by the system" at 2:18PM that day...nobody was home at the time, so I'm baffled as to why it made that decision.

I went in and cleared out the history and re-set the series and it is showing the new recordings for next week.

As a side note, and I've mentioned this before, I really hope they add some kind of bulk delete option in the history soon...some of those series (like Family Guy) that air repeats a million times a week are a real pain to clear up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm had the same problem with Idol. Luckily we're a couple behind so I have a bit of time to "find" that episode.

It's annoying to have to check everyday to make sure my recordings are set to record. It defeats the purpose of setting up a series recording. It would be helpful if the messages were less generic as well. Of course the recording was "cancelled by the system" -- it ddin't record. WHY was it cancelled by the system?

·
Registered
679 Posts
My Motorola 3400 is starting to miss many different series new episodes. It seems to mostly be Fox shows that I was recording on Ch 208 (Family Guy, Chicago Code, Bob's Burger etc) but there were a couple of other non Fox shows being dropped as well.

I'm in the middle of cleaning out the entire PVR history and re-setting up all my series recordings hoping that will fix it. Pain in the butt.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts