Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been posted somewhere earlier, but I didn't see it.

My bill went up $3/month.

Love how Shaw Direct calls it an adjustment, and not an increase.... that's just brilliant marketing.

Sorry about the crappy PVR, you've had for 4 years....have a nice price increase instead to help you out.

If only there was somewhere better to go......

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
There's been a September price increase every year for as long as I can remember (and I've had Shaw Direct since 1999).
That said, what is actually increasing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told $2 for my programming package, and 1$ for movies.

Had to call SD for clarification, because of course, it's confusing as hell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least in the Starchoice era, we were fed some baloney about increased channels and the rising costs of this, that and the other thing...and there was at least a month's notice.

Shaw Direct just rams the price increase through with no notice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think that SD should follow suit like BEV and waive the multi-receiver fee for customers who have up to 6 receivers. If you purchase the receivers, and pay for installation why should we pay an extra $5.99 to use them each month?!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to tick me off even more...I don't get Oasis HD anymore. I had been getting it for months, but now it's been moved to the HD extra package, which I don't subscribe to.

So.....I now pay more money per month and lose a channel, yeah, that makes sense.

Keep up the good work SD.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been getting Oasis HD since it's been available....and that has to be at least a few months. Free preview notwithstanding.

I am subscribed to the HD extra lite package.

Either SD moved Oasis from the HD extra lite package or SD's been giving me Oasis by mistake.

Guess which one my money's on?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I don't have any extra HD channel subscriptions but I have been getting the Oasis preview since Oasis arrived on Shaw D but it appears to have come to an end on Sept 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts