Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the World Cup Rugby will be carried on Sentanta as part of the monthly package price?

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you already subscribe to Stetanta, then you won't be charged extra for the Rugby World Cup. Can't wait! Best sport on the planet if you ask me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you already subscribe to Stetanta, then you won't be charged extra for the Rugby World Cup. Can't wait! Best sport on the planet if you ask me.
Where did you read that Setanta Canada is showing the 2011 RWC? I can't find any mention of it anywhere. The host website e-mailed me a couple of weeks back and said there is no agreement with any Canadian broadcaster to show it. Hopefully that will change soon.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Setanta is not a Canadian station. It's Irish, and from what I have read it has the rights to the 2011 Rugby World Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A66663381
Yes Setanta is Irish. But Setanta Canada is the Canadian licensee and has it's own rights agreements in this country (in partnership with Rogers Sportsnet I believe)

The RWC2011 negotiates rights for individual countries so just because Setanta Ireland has the rights, does not mean they can show the games here. A Canadian carrier will need to make a deal, either directly with RWC2011 or with a 3rd party and buy the rights from them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts