Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the guide on 298 it said that sportsnet east customers can get the Sens vs Phoenix game in HD on 470. The sportsnet website also says the same thing. Why is it when I go to 470 it says in need a subscription. I realize that 470 is normally a Centre Ice channel but I think it should have been decoded for sportsnet east viewers.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Where are you located?... I'm getting the game. You have to be in Eastern Ontario, Northern Ontario (I think) and out to the Maritimes to get the game.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in Ottawa and I got the game on 470.

However, now I want the Oiler game on 266 and 468 and both say subscription required. Just called customer service only to be told they have no idea why it's not working.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Regional blackouts. Only available in the Oilers local area. I'm thinking Darren may have the wrong postal code associated with his account as to why he didn't get the game in Ottawa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks. I didn't know that. I figured Centre Ice would still allow the showings of regional blackouts. It's showing on the SD Centre Ice feed so I didn't think there'd be a difference for HD.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Oh, if you have a subcription to CI then you should be getting the HD feed then. Otherwise it's only available to the Edmonton/Calgary market for free.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been on the phone over a half an hour with Starchoice and they're saying you needed to have Centre Ice to get the game. Obviously other people in the Ottawa region were getting the game. If you look on sportsnet website http://www2.sportsnet.ca/HD/Senators/ it even says that the alternative Sens HD channel is 470. I'm getting really frustrated with Starchoice. For a company that boast about their customer service, I'm really pissed that they can't figure this out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts