Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gateway and 3 portals in my house which I purchased about 2 years ago and I barely use them so they are new, hence I am looking to sell them.

Am I allowed to sell them? Is there some type of electronic lock that prevents me from selling them?

I have no experience with this so I am seeking your advice. What is a reasonable price?

thanks

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Sure, you can sell them. I'd first call Shaw and tell them that you intend to sell it, and check on sites like Kijiji to see what the market price is in your area.

If you don't inform Shaw first, when the buyer tries to register the hardware on their account Shaw will say "but it is registered to another customer", and you'll both need to talk to Shaw.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yup. Audacity covered it nicely.

Audacity's advice should make it a pain free experience for both you and whoever buys them.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Agreed

I've sold several Shaw cable boxes without difficulty.

Audacity has it right. Advise Shaw that you're planning to sell them, otherwise the buyer won't be able to use them until you do this.

Check Kijiji and Craigslist to get a feel for the market price.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yes you can but they are not 'new'. Sorry but it irritates me when I see 'new...only used...'. :). Advertise as gently used or used little excellent shape. Perhaps but do sell them so they are put to good use.
Price depends on location and condition. One person excellent is another persons. Eeewww, how long has that peanut butter and jelly been coated on there? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts