Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I got Expressvu not long ago and subscribed to the HD pack. I get east and west on the HD feeds, but for the SD feeds, I only get the west nets. Anyone else have this issue? I don't really care about the east SD nets anyway since they are so simsubbed on BEV, but I'm wondering if they should have been included.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think this happens sometimes. If you want to get it corrected, you just have to call in to the tech dept. and they should be able to fix this for you without too much fuss.

A few years ago (before Nimiq 2), after a bad storm here, I lost my east nets and in their place were the west nets. Back in those days, bi-coastal timeshifting was not available on the US nets. (One CSR told me that it wasn't even possible, and there was no way I could see the west nets... aw c'mon !)

But a quick call restored my east feed and the west feed was gone again, until N2 became operational.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
grider said:
PVR 9200 the ultimate in time shifting.
I agree...although I think it works best in tandem with both east and west feeds.

I always record CBSHD-E rather than CBSHD-W and NBCHD-W rather than NBCHD-E...simply because DD 5.1 is available on those channels and while DPL is available on the others...it's just not the same and if I didn't have both feeds, I would be out of luck.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Audiofool, do you mean that they only include east nets and not the west ones? I prefer the west ones since I get the east ones through other means, but I am just wondering if I was entitled to both.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Foxfan - I was describing an event that took place 5 or 6 years ago.

From what I can glean from the current brochure (and this was also in place when I originally subscribed), you get either East or West SD feeds of the US nets included, based on where you live.

Being that you're in Montreal, you should be getting the East SD feeds from Boston, I don't think that you get to choose (but it's only $1.00 more a month to get the west feeds added), but both East and West nets are included the HD package.

I'm not sure why you're getting the west SD feeds instead. If you're happy with this as you said you have 'alternative means' for the east feeds, I'd leave it as is, unless you want to get hit for the extra buck a month.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You get both east and west HD feeds in the HD package, but if you want the 2nd set of sd feeds, you have to ask for and pay for it ($1.00 / mo). But since you've got *C and get your east channels from there (unless you really want the Boston channels in SD) you could skip it.

Or you might try calling them and just say that you don't have the east nets showing and see if they'll just activate them for you,

hope this helps

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.