Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
280-284 Boston or 287-291 Seattle depending on your location (east or west).

·
Registered
104 Posts
A quick poll.

I live out west and opted not to pay the extra buck for the extra Eastern feed because earlier show times do not benefit me much. I know... it is only $1 but I am pretty cheap.

I am assuming the most people would have opted for the extra feed for $1, am I right?

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
supergenius said:
Btw, many Americans would kill to have the timeshifting we have here.
HEE HEE HEE ;) Going postal for timeshifting

·
Registered
530 Posts
I didn't order it but I do have it. I have the total tv combo plus the HD pack so it must come with one of those packages. I must say it's great, I don't think I could go without timeshifting.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have it too, but I find timeshifting to be more useful in the west than the east. Nothing like watching Leno at 8:35 or 9:35 instead of 11:35.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Digital79 said:
Think its included with the Hd package.
You are correct. Before today I did not subscribe to any of the networks. After activating my 9200 and adding the HDTV package to my line-up Bell gave me BOTH the HD Networks as well as the normal SD ones in the 280's as part of the $10/mo HDTV package fee.

·
Banned
362 Posts
MaxHeadroom said:
I have it too, but I find timeshifting to be more useful in the west than the east. Nothing like watching Leno at 8:35 or 9:35 instead of 11:35.
PVR 9200 the ultimate in time shifting.

·
Premium Member
3,896 Posts
That's true grinder, but no PVR in the world can show you something that hasn't aired yet. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok this might be a stupid question,what are the first feed us networks.
I get channels 280-284,I don't subscribe to the second feed networks.
I'm in Toronto.
Cheers!!!
Tam

·
Registered
308 Posts
tamk1873 said:
ok this might be a stupid question,what are the first feed us networks.
I get channels 280-284,I don't subscribe to the second feed networks.
I'm in Toronto.
Cheers!!!
Tam
ABC, CBS, PBS, FOX, and NBC out of Seattle

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
we use timeshifting all the time...well worth the $1.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I didn't pay the extra $1 for the US West feed because it seemed to me that almost all of my timeshifting needs were covered by all the extra CTV & Global feeds I already have... Any thoughts on this?

Shneebs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree with Shneebs, most of the timeshifting is covered by the Canadian channels (CTV, Global, etc.). I do get to watch Leno at 9:30pm without the extra US network feeds. I have a PVR and I agree, PVR is the ultimate form of timeshifting. I opted not to pay the $1 because I couldn't figure what I would be missing with timeshifting of the Canadian channels.

·
Registered
988 Posts
grider said:
PVR 9200 the ultimate in time shifting.
Shhhhhhhhh! Instead of charging $1 for the west feeds Bell will soon be charging a "PVR Fee" like other providers are doing..... now we don't want that do we??? ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wait a minute, may be they will charge for a time shifting fee if we watch a channel form a different timezone. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts