Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discovery HD has announced various season premieres for this fall (beginning in October including Braniac Science Abuse on Friday October 10th at 9pm ET.

Other shows premiering

• Deadliest Catch
  • How It’s Made
  • Monster Moves
  • Ganges River
  • Between Earth and Sky
  • Alaska Experiment

More Details below

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Deadliest Catch – Season Premiere
Wednesday, Oct. 8 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT
Don’t miss the latest drama from the vessels of the Bering Sea as the Emmy nominated series Deadliest Catch returns to Discovery HD. Following the now-legendary fleet of crab-fishermen as they tackle one of the deadliest jobs in the world, get lost in the 100-kph winds, turbulent seas and life-or-death adventures.

Brainiac – Season Premiere
Friday, Oct. 10 at 9 p.m. ET/9 p.m. PT
With a healthy dose of explosions, pyrotechnics and stunts, watch as host Richard Hammond and resident science expert Jon Tickle return to Discovery HD with Season 2 of Brainiac. Can you cook shish kebabs using high-powered explosives? Find out when daring experiments and scientific principles are applied to unusual and risky situations

How It’s Made – Season Premiere
Friday, Oct. 10 at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT
Ever wonder how things are made? With a behind-the-scenes look at the manufacturing process – enhanced by the visual effects of High Definition – How It’s Made reveals the methods and materials of how the everyday objects come to be.

Monster Moves – Series Premiere
Sat., Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT
Risking treacherous routes, battling storms and racing against time to meet mega-delivery deadlines, watch as the expert engineers of Monster Moves attempt to move an entire house or building intact through a major city, over a mountain range or across a frozen lake.

Ganges River – Series Premiere
Sunday, Oct. 12 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT
Travel from the stark beauty of the Himalayas to the rich wilderness of the Sundarbans delta, in the new three-part series Ganges River. This stunning cinematographic treat highlights India’s iconic wildlife while marveling at architectural wonders of the region and outlines how 5,000 years of civilization forever changed the landscape around the Ganges.

Between Earth and Sky – Series Premiere
Sunday, Oct. 12 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT
In the remote corners of the planet lie the last survivors of the great civilizations. The eight-part series Between Earth and Sky documents the people who are removed from the industrialized world who still live in perfect harmony with nature. Highlighted by the visual integrity of High Definition, explore these remote destinations – from the desert, savannah, bush, forests and mountain tops – that have remained untouched and unchanged for centuries and meet the people that call these places home.

Alaska Experiment – Series Premiere
Friday, Oct. 24 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT
Also this October, marvel at the stunning landscapes and grueling adventures of the Alaska Experiment as this dramatic series captures the epic struggle of man against nature. The raw beauty of Alaska's wilderness is the real star of this gripping series – crisply captured by the quality of High Definition – that chronicles what happens when four teams of urban professionals struggle to survive the extreme wilderness of Alaska.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My kids and I watched it. Yes its titillating but my kids were fascinated by things but very slow and some other science experiments that, I think, may hopefully have made them think more positively about Science

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
"...Don’t miss the latest drama from the vessels of the Bering Sea as the Emmy nominated series Deadliest Catch returns to Discovery HD....."

Am I missing something? When has the Deadliest Catch ever been on Discovery HD Canada before this? As far as I know it has been on the regular Discovery Channel but never the HD channel. In any case it should look good.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's a bit juvenile, but I've recorded and watched every episode. ;)
More than a little juvenile, but a great escape. It reminds me of all the dumb "experiments" we did as kid, but with the things we could get our hands on back then. Personally, I love the rockets.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Braniac starts tonight for those that are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.