Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the newer pace PVRs (770?). Recently I discovered the joys of searching for titles to record programs. However, when I get a hit and select it the channel is not listed until I have committed to the recording. Then it is the first (numerical) channel in my lineup. So, inevitably, all the programs I have searched and set up series recordings are all SD channels.

How do I get it to search or find HD channels?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The search will only find that one episode of the program. The program may be on 15 different channels but it is all the same episode so it only lists it once in the search. If you select the "view upcoming times" as CG Jones has suggested then it will list out all the additional channels that the one episode is playing on. Alternately you can find it browsing through the guide.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have only done a few of these and I am not home right now, but doesn't it have a field where you select 'SD' or 'HD' for channel to record? I know the ones I have set up only record the HD channel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody for the tips, the 'view upcoming times' was the ticket. I didn't see anything regarding SD and HD.

Speaking of that, is there a way to change the channel of an existing series recording or do I have to create a new on on the channel I want and delete the old one?

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts