Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if such a search service exists?

For example, I want to search for £?10.48 or $93.5?. Google seems to get tripped up on the decimal point and from what I can tell you can only stem strings in Google using an asterisk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
*shakes head* I really tried to find something, but this is way out of my league. (tech knowledge at the caveman level) All I could really see was: if you go to one of those SEO forums they post some tricks you can employ to help with this (I googled your query) there is some apps you can download but I'm not completely clear on that.

I realize this isn't very helpful. :( From what I gathered the technology is just not there yet with any of the search engines. But don't take my word on it! As for Google itself--they deliberatly dis-included most of the characters already....you may already know that.....

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a website that summarized all the of the search capabilities and wildcard or range within a string was not an option. I am looking for something like regex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

Notice the example they use,

A dollar sign immediately followed by one or more digits, and then optionally a period and exactly two more digits (for example "$10", or "$245.99").

1 - 4 of 4 Posts