1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
He means that people just type the site they want into a search engine, and then click the link. So, instead of typing in digitalhome.ca, they search for digital home and then hit enter click the link. It works well when you don't know if the site is a .com or .ca, etc.

Now, some people actually go to yahoo.com or google.com and then do the search. I will do my search in the search bar at the top of my Firefox or IE7.

edit: Also, in a search bar, you don't have to worry about spelling, if you're a crappy typer like me.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I rarely type a URL anymore, searching gives me a better chance at avoiding fake sites because of a typo.
And its also faster. ;)
(google is my homepage, and it auto sets focus on the search field, so i just type the site i want, e.g. 'digitalhome' and here i am faster than it would take to click at the top, and type in digitalhome.ca - and if i make a typo, google corrects me.)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
For favourites, like Digital Home, I have hard buttons at the top of Firefox. Actually, I have it with IE7, too. I have a whole row of hard buttons which I go through every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts