Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SDV appears to be active in Fredection. I noticed a change the Diagnostics Menu of my DCT to some of the channels after noticing some goings on last week. For several days the Screen Saver HD Channels where showing not authorized.

They returned on Thursday now appear to be on 24/7. They don't seem to off air during the peak times the sport pack were active.

To check via the Diag Menu (power off via the front panel while tuned to one off the channels, quickly press select twice) make you way to the current channel info if you have dual tuner it may appear on page two.

Select the Fireplace or Sunset channels and turn off your DCT right away press the select button twice. Make your way to the current channel info channel numbers for SDV will appear as 65535 in that menu.

The SDV stuff on page3 is for MOTO's version SDV not Cisco's so we may not ever see the SDV info there.

I checked several channel and several had this 65535 as there channel number.
I seen the 65535 channel ID the SD versions of the Screen Saver channels and SCHD1 SCHD2 over the weekend. Today i see this on some other channels about 4 out the 10 or so I checked. Other channels that appear to be on SDV so far. I-Channel, DW, BNN . I know I looked a while back at some of these and they did not show the 65535 channel number.

So if you like me have nothing better to do with your time or even if you do and are just waiting for the channels that we are missing DCT to see if you now see the same.

Lets all hope that soon many new (or new to us) channels will finally be upon us.

Cheers,
DW

·
Registered
265 Posts
Great news! So far in Miramichi trying your suggested channels I have not yet seen the new ch #. Likely see it after the major centers are completed first. Still nice to see "something" new going on finally tho!

W

·
Registered
265 Posts
Quick update: I checked last night and I am now seeing the Ch. 65535 on various channels so it looks like they have rolled this out to Miramichi. Hopefully we'll see those new channels soon!

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Nothing. I'm still waiting for all my HD movie channels as well as 3D preview channel.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have one stupid question left in my bonus pack.;)

What is SDV?

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51559

The cable company sends all the channels to the "node" nearest to your home - this is typically done by fibre and there are no bandwidth constraints. The bandwidth constraint is in "the last mile" (from the node to your home via RF-coax). With SDV, only the channels requested by the homes on the node are sent from the node, instead of all the channels as needs to be done without SDV, therefore increasing the available bandwidth to each home. (Typically there are about 1000 homes on a node.)

Not all channels are on SDV since the provider knows which channels are "always requested", therefore they are "always on".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts