Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

SD over HDMI

1911 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  worth
I just bought a 50 inch Panasonic plasma for my mom and will have to set it up in a few days. I'm wonderning if I should connect the cable box with HDMI or component. She watches a lot of SD channels and I want to use the connection that works best for SD. Any thoughts?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Picture wise, it shouldn't make a difference. HDMI should be theoretically better but your mileage may vary.

I'd use HDMI, its easier because its one cable and it carries audio too.
Thanks for the advice. It was strange buying a plasma for mom even though I bought a Samsung LCD for myself a few years ago. But mine is a 40 inch and for a 50 inch all the research I did pointed to plasma. I also understand plasma has an edge on SD picture quality.
Thanks for the advice. It was strange buying a plasma for mom even though I bought a Samsung LCD for myself a few years ago. But mine is a 40 inch and for a 50 inch all the research I did pointed to plasma. I also understand plasma has an edge on SD picture quality.
The processing in the set makes a much bigger difference than whether it's a plasma or LCD.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.