Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 50 inch Panasonic plasma for my mom and will have to set it up in a few days. I'm wonderning if I should connect the cable box with HDMI or component. She watches a lot of SD channels and I want to use the connection that works best for SD. Any thoughts?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Picture wise, it shouldn't make a difference. HDMI should be theoretically better but your mileage may vary.

I'd use HDMI, its easier because its one cable and it carries audio too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. It was strange buying a plasma for mom even though I bought a Samsung LCD for myself a few years ago. But mine is a 40 inch and for a 50 inch all the research I did pointed to plasma. I also understand plasma has an edge on SD picture quality.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the advice. It was strange buying a plasma for mom even though I bought a Samsung LCD for myself a few years ago. But mine is a 40 inch and for a 50 inch all the research I did pointed to plasma. I also understand plasma has an edge on SD picture quality.
The processing in the set makes a much bigger difference than whether it's a plasma or LCD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts