Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,525 Posts
As stated in post 1 of this thread, some people wish to be able to record the SD channel (to save space or whatever). Therefore the channels in the 100s are not Auto-HD'd on purpose.

If you want Global BC HD, I believe you'll find it on 568. Whenever there's a channel that I only go to occasionally and it's not in my personal memory, I add it to my favourites list. I keep this list fairly short - around 5-6 channels.

This Thursday I noticed that Elementary on Global wasn't recording because they had again pulled the 10:00/10:01 switcheroo
As we discussed in the 9865 thread, there are ways to avoid this problem by setting up your recordings appropriately - especially for programming that's known to have this issue. (Any time recording) However, this thread is about Auto-HD, so let's not get OT.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yes, I appreciate some people's need to not Auto-HD where they have their IPG set up to only show their favourite channels, the actual HD channels, or something like that. I have the old guide, showing all channels.

·
Super Moderator
56,525 Posts
Even with SARA (old firmware), you can add favourite channels under the Settings (press Settings button twice and go to Viewer: Favorites). Although they don't show in a Guide like the new firmware, you can still scan through them by repeatedly pressing the FAV button on the remote. That's part of the reason why I usually recommend only a few channels in the favourites list (I use the favourites list for channels I don't remember).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yes, that's exacly how I use the Favourites too, for HD channels that don't Auto-HD from the SD channel and I can't remember.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts