Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... Does anyone know what type of screw is needed for the back cover of the TV sets ( LCD HiDef 5K ) types ... There 4 screw hole for wall mounting I need to know what type of screw is used there, thanks

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
TV mounts usually include a variety of screws that work with various TVs. These are usually metric bolts which differ in size and length for different TVs. Without knowing the make and model of TV, it's impossible to know which size is needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both. I am not planning to mount it on the wall but rather on a wooden base that the tv is sitting on, just wanted a little extra protection just incase

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Metric bolts are sometimes available from local hardware stores. The TV user manual or specs may provide the correct size. Alternately, try several sizes and see which fits. Just be sure that any bolts used are not too long as that may damage the TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks and I will. I thought maybe they were all the same size but I see not, oh well.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
My new TV came with stand mounting spacers as the back of the TV isn't flat. The documentation that came with the TV describes the specs for the screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts