Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get the hang of screensaver settings on my HTPC which is not running Win 7 x64.

It came with Win Vista x86 originally and with that, I could set the screensaver to come on when there was no video running (and no mouse/KB input). The screen would not go to sleep if there was video running under WMP even with no mouse or KB input.

With Win 7, there seems to be only one setting so the PC will turn off the screen (the TV) whether there is WMP is running or not. Mouse or KB is all it considers.

Is there a setting I am overlooking?

·
Registered
15 Posts
you could try MCE Standby Tool, it has some additional screensaver options in it. Its been a while since i've used it though, and when i did, i was using it mainly for power options.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Screen saver and monitor turn-off are two separate issue. If you go to the screen saver confog screen you'll see paweer management, enter this and then on the left menu select "choose when to turn off the display" and adjust time.
If you are using Media Center you can set a screen saver for this application that will alternate your pictures when not in use. In MC, tasks>setting>pictures>slide show screen saver>do settings, To select pictures to use use Favorites pictures menu item.
For Media Player go to Tools>Options>Player>uncheck "allow screen saver during playback"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts