Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I live in an apartment where we're not allowed to drill holes and mount the satellite dish in any part of the building. When the Bell technician came, he suggested that we buy 3 concrete blocks that are 5-6 inches and weighs 8-10kilograms. I called Bell, and the CSR I talked to said that I can use a satellite tripod instead of the concrete blocks. I showed the CSR this link: http://cgi.********/Brand-New-3-Satellite-Tripod-Mount-w-1-66-OD-Mast-/250775046749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a635b8a5d and he said that it will work. That I don't need the concrete blocks if I buy that tripod. Now, I'm posting it here because I know I got the info from the Bell employee but I just want to make sure that I won't be needing the concrete blocks. I rescheduled the installation this Saturday and I just don't want the bell technician to be telling me that the tripod I bought is useless and I should've followed his advice to buy concrete blocks.

The tripod is easier to buy and carry that's why I'd really prefer it if I have a choice.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
A Tripod is a great way to get around the rules about mounting a Dish. A concrete block or two might be needed to use as ballast to stop the Tripod from moving.

Now all you need to worry about is how the Tech will get the Cables into your suite, without drilling holes.....lol. If you are very lucky, your Cable service might already run from the balcony into the suite and this can be used but will only be 1 line.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't think they're bell approved, but you can use flat cable to sit in between windows and doors. I would not reccomend using it with commonly used doors/windows. There are cheap ones and better quality ones, the cheap ones tend to corrod or break a lot quicker.

Also, some building owners/managers are horrible for dish approval, as they're poor in customer service, period.

So yeah, just get one large heavy patio stone, or a couple. Mount the tripod (tech can supply at a cost) to the stone/s.

Assure the super of no holes, and you could also garbage bag the dish to make it look like a bbq, then again, that may not be allowed on premise either.

GL!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The flat cables are not on the Bell APL (Approved Parts List).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts