Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bell satellite dish with two outputs. I have three receivers, 2-2700's and a 3100. I hooked up a splitter for two receivers 2700 & 3100 and I was loosing channels. What do I need to do or buy to receive a strong signal

·
Registered
510 Posts
A SW24 or SW34 will do the trick. Basically, your two outputs from the dish (lnb) go into the switch and it creates four outputs for you to use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is exactly what I have, a two output dish and I now have 2 2700s hooked up and wish to add a third and fourth box(no HD) Does it matter if I put the SW24 outside close to the dish or can I run the two lines into the basement then add the SW24 switch, does it make any difference other then saving me buying extra cable? No matter I now pretty much have to tear my existing setup apart as the two lines come into the house a different points but want to do this as simple as possible.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I have seen many 2 x 4 or 3 x 4 switch's outside but I would try to keep the majority of rain etc from hitting them, placing under the eaves helps.

If you have unused ports cap them off to stop moisture getting in.

If you plan on HD in the Future, an SW44 might be the way to go as it is designed for outdoor use. The SW44, can be used with just one Satelitte Input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts