Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Satellite Dish Question

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dirtroad 
#1 ·
A few days ago i ordered the nimiq 2 kit from bell for my satellite. But while i am waiting for my kit i have been reading around and found a problem. The problem is I have a bell 18" or I assume it is as it was bought more than 10 years ago satellite dish. Anyway as Ive read multiple times you require 20" for nimiq 2 for hd programming. Also to have the two 82 and 91 satellite signals. However I have talked to multiple people from Bell technical support and they all told me that my 18" will work. I thought it had something to do with the fact that you cant adjust the skew on a 18". Yet repeatedly i have been told by bell employees that mine will work just fine. My question is will it???? I have allready ordered this kit and don't want to buy another dish.:confused:

#6 ·
You are entitled to a free lnb, switches, and dish (if required as in you case as described) with installation if you are getting HD for the first time! So just call Bell back to set it up, or have them provide the dish, I think the CSR may have made a mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.