Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to aim a new dual dish. I never have this much trouble, but his one is killing me. I can hit echostar 110 west then I hit one with unknown name? What sat is this. How far away am I from nimiq at 91?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Rotate approx 1/4" on the Mast to the Left, when stood behind it, then up slightly.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sat am I hitting at unknown? I have been up down and around and for reason I can't hit it. I can hit 110 and unknown no problem, but not 91 or 82. Too late tonight. I will try again next nice day, maybe tomorrow. I am try to add new dish with dual for HD. Still have my single working fine.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Not sure.

There was a problem some time ago with a whole lot of Bell 5900's & 6131's that would not register the Nimiq 91 bird, until you had done a Check Switch or two.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 3100 I use for aiming. I did do a check switch. It register 91 OK odd and even on the check but still not saying 91 on the screen.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Not sure then, unless it is very old software on the 3100. That might be a reason.

EDIT;

If you get Ch198, then you know you are on 91 for sure.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just hooked it to my 4100 and guess what it's nimq 91. I knew it couldn't be that hard to find. I just wasted 1.5 hrs on this. Now to go back and try and set the skew to get 82. Another day I guess.

Thanks for the assist.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You should always set the skew first......

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have set the skew etc and I can not get a hit on 82 not matter what I do. By spinning and adjusting elevation I can get both LNB to hit 91 but I can not get a hit on 82.
What transponder do you use for 82? I got fooled on that one before by using a transponder that was not being used.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If you are using an SD Receiver, you will not get all transponders, use 1 or 32, pretty sure both those are visible with a 4100, etc.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Good stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts