Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone fill me in on Sasktel's 3G data pricing for internet?

Why would the Novatel Wireless MC998D have a system admin. fee of $6.25 per month while access to the 3G network via a tablet (iPad) has no monthly admin. fee?

And why 5 GB of data for an iPad is $35.00 compared to 3 GB of data for a laptop costs $60.00.

Why the Telus products for 3G internet modems (hub, sticks, etc.) have none.

Am I missing something here? Isn't data just data no matter how you receive it on your end? Or does your hardware make a difference as to what you are charged?

:confused:

·
Banned
310 Posts
it's because it's Sasktel - that's why.

Nothing makes sense with them.

Switch to Access.
Access doesn't have mobile data at all. They're a cable TV/Internet/VOIP provider..

Did you mean to say Rogers? Telus?

I can't answer the OP but I just wanted to point out the problems with your post.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sasktel is also the provincial "crown" that also does internet / TV / cell phones etc......

I guess I should have said - switch to rogers - and access - this would make more sense. or Rogers and Shaw if you live in S-Toon

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
that's some well thought out responses there KC1974

as for the price differentials, it's different bundles, some of which are partially dictated by the hardware manufacturor. you'll also see the excess mb charges are different between the plans

I can check to see if there's a more "official" answer if you like

·
Registered
621 Posts
You're more likely to use up your allotment of data with a data stick (since you'll be using it with a laptop) than you are on an iPad (which can't do as many things with cellular data as a computer can). It's that simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts